What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-3G iPad: using MiFi

Don9307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadtech said:
Also want to know if it is contract free or not. More information about clear ispot will be good.

Why not jailbreak your iPhone 4, if you have one, then get the MiWi app from Cydia and turn your iPhone 4's 3G access into a WiFi hotspot absolutely free, no contracts or additional fees.

Don9307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don9307 said:
Why not jailbreak your iPhone 4, if you have one, then get the MiWi app from Cydia and turn your iPhone 4's 3G access into a WiFi hotspot absolutely free, no contracts or additional fees.

I should have said the app is MyWi.

Holoshed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will tell you what i use now and why I love it so much.

I used to have an iPhone jailbroken with mywi app but risked att's text of death so I found a better solution and the only 3G AND 4G unlimited service. It's from my cable provider but anyone can get it but it's higher for non twc customers.

For 50 a month I get unlimited data on both like I said above, the device coated me 50 after rebate and it's a device meant to share via wifi like the other device people are using.

I have found it to be the last unlimited 3G service left and other than a two year contract I love it.

The site I got it from was http://yourtwc.com/mobile

Has helped me when my laptop needed a connection on vacation too, I canceled my iPhone plan that was 30 and now have a dumb phone but this device and a iPod touch is the same thing for me since I don't talk on the phone much but do have an Internet addiction :x

This was a pain to type out on the iPad lol

Silicon Sam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a WM based Sprint phone that my company provides, and it has unlimited data plan. I downloaded a file called WMWifiRouter that runs on my cell phone, and turns it into a mobile WiFi spot. So I can connect my iPad 1 to the net using my cell.

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best device I bought ... Well apart from the iPad that is ...

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a WM based Sprint phone that my company provides, and it has unlimited data plan. I downloaded a file called WMWifiRouter that runs on my cell phone, and turns it into a mobile WiFi spot. So I can connect my iPad 1 to the net using my cell.

WMWifiRouter is an awesome program, I used it for years in my old Windows phones.

I now use a free wireless tether in my Android phone that does the exact same thing.

debbied88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bearswatchin said:
I use a Virgin Mobile MiFi with my 16 gig, iPad-1 wifi only. Works fine, in fact, better than AT&T when in the boonies. (Sprint is the provider). My wife's iPhone loses all signal when deep in the heart of Texas.

I pay $20.00 a month for 1gig of data, when I elect to have the mifi active. Buying from WalMart. The device is slightly larger than a business card and about as thick as 2 quarters, stacked. Lasts 3-4 hours on a charge and came with a wall-wart and a cable to plug into a power port in the car.

Current price, online at WalMart is $129. (didn't notice where the original poster is located so, if this is not applicable, sorry.

regards,
J

I am interested in this. However, I do not have a wireless card in my pc,just a wireless modem router. Is there a work around to set this up? I really don't want to put any more money into the old pc. Can I set it up on the iPad?

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bumping this up for those who might be interested in new hotspot service with Clear.

The iSpot has been discontinued. They are selling 2 unlimited packages - 4G $45/month or 3G/4G - $55 month.

Most reactions