What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many Brits on here?

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hello,welcome to the thread,nice to see more Brits on here.

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Eh up Ivy, Janner here...:D

Way down in Devon, me handsome, we knows how to talk proper like

Up your way, me old luvver, its all flat caps & ferretts. :D

My apologies. I shall now communicate in the Queens English as all good Englishmen should.
Good afternoon, all. :)

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eh up Ivy, Janner here...:D

Way down in Devon, me handsome, we knows how to talk proper like

Up your way, me old luvver, its all flat caps & ferretts. :D

My apologies. I shall now communicate in the Queens English as all good Englishmen should.
Good afternoon, all. :)
good afternoon to you too,welcome to the thread.......flats caps and ferretts lol.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can buy curry sauce mixture at British fish and chip shops here in Canada. Do you have any of them in Michigan?

btw, chips (French fries) taste way better cooked in animal fat rather than vegetable oil, but as a health professional, you would probably frown on that.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
You can buy curry sauce mixture at British fish and chip shops here in Canada. Do you have any of them in Michigan?

btw, chips (French fries) taste way better cooked in animal fat rather than vegetable oil, but as a health professional, you would probably frown on that.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I think we may have a few Brit chip and fish shops here, but not many around. I will have to look again, because there's always new restaurants popping up in the area where we live.

Anything fried in animal is tastier, but our hearts would just kill us if we ate that all the time! :)

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
very rarely have chips from the chippy but did last night.....with bits on...ate biscuits today too.....very naughty,back to being sensible tomorrow.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ivy, what do you mean by "bits"?
when they fry the battered fish little bits of the batter fall off and they fish them out and put them to one side to put over the chips,lovely soaked in vinegar.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
when they fry the battered fish little bits of the batter fall off and they fish them out and put them to one side to put over the chips,lovely soaked in vinegar.

Oh, Yeah...when we were at Disney-Epcot Center, my sister would always order the fish and chips with lots of vinegar! So yummy, except my tummy was a bit full afterwards! It was so good!! :)

Sun King

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my side of the pennines we call the bits "scrapings" , and me and the wife still have our battered fish covered in gravey.

Over here in Cyprus we have a local fish and chip resto and the fish fryer (Bulgarian) learnt his trade in England , he is so good the place is always full of Brits and Cyps.

Most reactions

Latest posts