What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many Brits on here?

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I'm putting it down to something they put in the oven bottoms and barm cakes!l

Mmm, sounds a bit iffy to me!

Hi to all other Brits :)
Ex-SE Londoner (and, since that doesn't mean much on its own, specifically: 'erne 'ill, walking to posh Dulwich for primary school. and No.68 or 196 bus to down 'n' out Camberwell for sec. school).
Then via Notts, Staffs / Derbys border & now rural W. Oxon.

My Mum was a Dane so I'm really a half-Viking and it'll be frikadeller, not barm cakes for tea. Chips with gravy??? 'eaven forbid, mate. It'll be pie & mash with liquor. And pease pudden & jellied eels for afters & don't spill any on my pearly queen threads!

Hils!!

Last edited:

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not British but I could fool everyone I am with my British accent. I tried saying "alunium" to the test iPads (dictation).

Sent from K48

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
SW London here, but having difficulty navigating to find a book club or similar .... Not the easiest site to find your way around.

Hi Mummy_Misfit and welcome to the forum, sorry your struggling to find your way round, try here to find all we have in the way of reading material, not a book club as such but a collection of bookies!

iBooks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not British but I could fool everyone I am with my British accent. I tried saying "alunium" to the test iPads (dictation).

Sent from K48

I think I'd like to be a Brit with their cool accent...but wait ...I wouldn't mind having an Aussie Accent as well!! Both are cool to listen to, of you ask me!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I think I'd like to be a Brit with their cool accent...but wait ...I wouldn't mind having an Aussie Accent as well!! Both are cool to listen to, of you ask me!

Unfortunately, when you ARE a Brit, you don't have an accent; everybody else does. Now Aussie is cool. I love that accent.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Unfortunately, when you ARE a Brit, you don't have an accent; everybody else does. Now Aussie is cool. I love that accent.

You're kidding, right? I would rate it next to Brummie, the accent we all love to hate!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
stranding said:
You're kidding, right? I would rate it next to Brummie, the accent we all love to hate!

Haha. I'd forgotten about that one. Haven't met any yam yams for a long time. I still think Aussie's cool.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Haha. I'd forgotten about that one. Haven't met any yam yams for a long time. I still think Aussie's cool.

Yam Yams??!
Each to his own! (Meaning no disrespect to Aussies or Brummies, love them all.)
It must be a regional thing. When we lived in Notts, it was the cretinous S. Derbyshire accent we all sneered at.
And when we were at school (in London) it was Cockney.
Now, the tables have turned and that's quite fashionable. It's "Estuary" that sounds so down-market now. Love them all. too!
Love everyone. :) :)

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yam yams= derogatory term for people who speak with a Brummie/Black country accent. I use it with impunity as I am part yam yam myself, although I don't have the accent.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Yam yams= derogatory term for people who speak with a Brummie/Black country accent. I use it with impunity as I am part yam yam myself, although I don't have the accent.

Well, thank goodness for that, then!

Ummm, are you sure you don't?

You might think so, but others may be able to detect traces...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
stranding said:
Well, thank goodness for that, then!

Ummm, are you sure you don't?

You might think so, but others may be able to detect traces...

OMG. I'll never talk again!

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd love an Aussie or Brit accent...
BUT not Brit.
Californian. I've heard of "Californian accent", but am not sure exactly what accent they are talking about?...

Last edited:

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm in Lincolnshire. I have a very southern accent as I'm from Northampton. I get picked up on it all the time because I pronounce words differently (correctly :) ). I went to Manchester and asked for a bread roll, I couldn't believe the blank looks I got, the girl behind the counter didn't know what to give me. My mate asked me what the hell is a bread roll? He then asked for a balm cake??! And they gave me a bread roll? I must have stood there for 10 mins explaining it is not a cake! It's a roll of bread! Haha
And just for the record only chips, cheese and gravy or chips and curry sauce works for me :)

Most reactions

Latest posts