What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many are jumping ship? I am Weary of the hunt for ipad2 going to Xoom Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
More like I keep thinking about driving 200 miles to the nearest Apple store and camping in the parking lot until I get one. :)

Maybe if it gets warmer.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MarkAugie said:
I am just too old and cranky to keep waiting in line at the Apple Stores.
This is ridiculous.... If my local Staples has a WiFi Xoom in stock Sunday... I am jumping ship and giving up on the ipad2.

I ordered my ipad2 a few weeks ago online. My delivery date is April 23rd. A friend just ordered one yesterday... his Delivery date is also April 23rd.... hmmmm...
I also put a hundred bucks down at Best Buy a few weeks ago... no word.

Over the last few weeks I have also sat in line at Apple stores 2 hours before opening on the off chance that they might have a few available.... no luck.

I'm too old for this nonsense... Apple really should fulfill backorders before releasing to new areas. [As in yesterdays release to other countries. From what I hear, now they have even more inventory problems. ]

The only reason I have considered ipad2 over Xoom anyway was for GarageBand and a nicer user experience. [GUI]

Just wondering if any other Forum users are considering jumping ship too.

BTW - I live in Oregon.

Don't do it....Noooooo...lmfao. There is a verrrrry good reason why Xoom is in stock, as it is hardly selling. It is doing no where near as well as they predicted. Already ipad2 sales have blown Xoom sales away by light years and there is a very great reason for that. Ipad2 is just that much better overall. You will be truly disappointed with the xoom. It looks good on paper but in reality, IT SUX! They rushed it out to production to try to beat out andd get a headstart on ipad2. It is already a FAIL, on their part. Just like once Ipad2 dropped, the president or whatever of Samsung said hold up, stop producing the new tablet we have, ipad2 is a major winner and success, it's back to the drawing boards. That's why Samsung redesigned and rethought their new tablet. My ipad1 blows xoom away..lol. Hardware is NOTHING, without great software to back it up. Xomm doesn't have any great software. If u get the xoom, u will find urself pissed off. Why? Because u will be waiting longer thn u would of ever had for the iPad2 waiting on halfway decent to good software to finally be released on xoom. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED..LOL ;-)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tjader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't jump ship and buy a xoom, you'll regret it very fast! Tuesdays seem to be the day that apple stores get massive shipments. I got mine this past tuesday, about 70+ people in line, all got one and more were left over after all the people in line got a ticket. Two days later I walked into my local target and guess what, 8 ipad 2's in stock on the shelf. They came in around 11, after the line of people from that morning had left. My advice, check your local target and go to the apple store on tuesday morning. Get some coffee and go very early, its worth it!

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check local walmart...I got one last night and they had all flavors. The xoom screen sucks and web scrolling is still choppy....wait for galaxy 10.1 the screen is pure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheeIpad said:
check out the video, and say to yourself why would i want something other than what these people want, and the video shows a Global movement thats happening everywhere.

Thousands in London queue for iPad 2 - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

Dangggg....great link....that is amazing...look how many people want an ipad2 that badly....perfect reason why Ipad2 does live u
To the hype. How many people does the op think people stood in lime for a xoom?(FAIL!). Lol. That is crazyyy...tunic for that link...got me close to upgrading my ipad1 to an ipad2. If I do, I'll give this one to my woman. But she like f$&@ that, I want an ipad2 also...lol

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I wonder if the OP is ever going to return to his thread?

I'm hoping he was convinced to get the ipad2. @your comment lmao.
People, I can't help it. I don't think ima be able to hold out for ipad3. I want the extra processing and graphics power plus the cams. I gotz to have it..lol. Wish me luck on my hard journey of trying to hold out. Don't me wrong, my ipad1 does everything and more for me, but I need the extras that come along with the ipad2. Unless apple announces specs and release date for ipad3 very soon, I'll probably be getting the new version in the new future. Only time will tell!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

I'm hoping he was convinced to get the ipad2.
Who knows? He stopped reading this thread after Post #5!

augie2.jpg

Maybe he went back to stand in line!

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well maybe he went to work and will read the replies when he gets home. That's when I usually read mine Monday - Friday when I'm working

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

I'm hoping he was convinced to get the ipad2.
Who knows? He stopped reading this thread after Post #5!

augie2.jpg

Maybe he went back to stand in line!

That is hilarious! Standing in line for which one ~ iPad or the Xoom? Oh wait, there is NO line for the Xoom.

:D

I knew he wasn't coming back!

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Dangggg....great link....that is amazing...look how many people want an ipad2 that badly....perfect reason why Ipad2 does live u
To the hype. How many people does the op think people stood in lime for a xoom?(FAIL!). Lol. That is crazyyy...tunic for that link...got me close to upgrading my ipad1 to an ipad2. If I do, I'll give this one to my woman. But she like f$&@ that, I want an ipad2 also...lol

HOLY SMOKES AND CHEESE!!! If launch day production was anything like in the US most of this people went home empty handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts