What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Apple Products Do You Own?

How many Apple products do you own or use?

• Just the iPad, no others

Votes: 137 12.7%
  • iPad +1 other

Votes: 191 17.7%
  • iPad +2 others

Votes: 221 20.5%
  • iPad +3 or more other Apple products

Votes: 530 49.1%

• Total voters

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, and with the cloud storage there is no need for a cd and dvd rom either 

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Yep, and with the cloud storage there is no need for a cd and dvd rom either 

I'm keeping my MacBook as on the odd occasion I need a cd/DVD drive I can share the drive wirelessly, how cool is that! My MacBook will now be relegated to some kind of media server.

The Archangel

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
It's the i5 1.7Ghz 128GB, plenty fast enough for me and of course as it's the 13" it has a memory card slot which is a bonus.

The Archangel

Great stuff, and the best part is the solid state drive ( no moving parts) makes it really fast and silent compared to normal laptops using twice the processing power, but they generate heat, noise and god knows what.

One moving part...the cooling fan. ;) If I put my ear close enough to it I can hear a tiny click when mine starts up and I could actually hear the fan a couple of times when there was some intensive processor work going on but it was just a whisper. Airs are awesome indeed!

Last edited:

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richadams, are you saying that macbook airs have cooling fans, i didnt see one when i saw them at the shops, or do you mean the macbook pro, they i understand have fans. But macbook air is like ipad, no moving parts at all

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Richadams, are you saying that macbook airs have cooling fans, i didnt see one when i saw them at the shops, or do you mean the macbook pro, they i understand have fans. But macbook air is like ipad, no moving parts at all

Picture from Tech Republic from a teardown of the 2011 MacBook Air

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-3988146744.png
    image-3988146744.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 1,255

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the enlightment, i really thought macbook airs are like ipads, as in no moving parts 

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:

Picture from Tech Republic from a teardown of the 2011 MacBook Air

The Archangel
Thanks Gabriel! Another view from iFixit's teardown...

MacBook Air 13" Mid 2011 Teardown - iFixit (Step 8)

Tiny, but it's there!

fishychick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lukepast said:
If you're a techie geek like me, then it's probably possible to replace the nano's battery -- I know there's instructions and sources for replacing batteries etc on my even older iPod Mini -- if I had to use public transport on a regular basis I would upgrade the mini's 4Gb hard drive with a 8Gb or 16Gb CF card to give it a longer life :)

The iPod Classic is probably well worth looking into repairing the broken jack -- even if you have to pay someone to do it?

For the nano, I know, but when I got the classic I decided not to. As for the classic, I bought it used and the jack was broken. It was replaced by a friend for $20 but the new one also broke after a couple months, and the friend didn't do the best installation job. The apple store in town won't just fix it, they said they have to do a full evaluation for a huge amount of money, almost as much as getting a new one. I'd rather just buy a new one (if it were more affordable) or use my phone, which I could buy a microSD card for to put music on it. I'm a broke college freshman, so I think I'll work with what I have. But thanks for the suggestions. =)

adelgabot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've owned a ton of Apple products over the years, beginning with the Apple ][, but the ones I'm using right now, aside from the iPad 2, are a 27" iMac, a 32GB iPhone 4, a Macbook Air, and an iPod shuffle. Apple fanboy much?

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhones and iPad my dh has the iMac yes we r loving apple.....kissing bye to blackberry n androids even though android hasn't let us down just iPhone lasted much much longer without sluggish performance Soooo apple all the way:)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

yokley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to be a Windows man. Then I got an iPhone. Then a MacBook Pro. Then an iPad. I don't think I could bring myself to buy a Windows based product any more.

Wouldn't give up my XBOX 360 though - but that's not Windows :)

Most reactions