What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many 3G iPads will sell in the first day?

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that a lot of people, wanted to see how the iPad fared in the public intro. When they do stock the the 3G models, odds are good that a large number of people will pop up to buy one.

I am looking for a 64GB + 3G unit myself. I don't think that there will be mob flood gate mentality that took place on 4.03.10. I will just stroll into a local Apple store - not the one in downtown Boston, probably the legacy place location in Dedham, MA. and get one.

Pre-condition - Apple addresses current WiFi issue

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's kind of interesting in that, if you look at the poll on this forum - 45% of the folks said that they were buying the 3G models. If that's true - then we should see 3 to 4 million 3G's sold.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you look at the poll in the front of this forum appx 48% of the people responded that they were going to buy a 3G, while 52% would buy the wifi only.

I think that's going to hold true. I would also think the action is a bit brisker than people thought.

As I read posts, blogs and reviews I hear 4 to 1 that the wifi folks wished they had the 3G version. There may be, however, a lot of people, waiting on first week reviews of the 3G service from ATT.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I think alot will wait to read how good the data service really is before they take the plunge. I'm also curious about how many 3G sales are at the expense of a wifi return. There's going to be alot of good deals on used wifi's out there!

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first day will be quite abbreviated due to the 5:00 PM start time. Including pre-orders the official iPad 3G sales numbers for April 30th should be between 150K and 175K tops.

Most reactions

Latest posts