What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long should this JB of 6.1 take?

Pvanosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I followed the instructions. Updated my (JB) Ipad 3 from 5.1.1 to 6.1. Closed ITunes. Started evad3rs JB. And now it has been sitting without ANY progress at 'Injecting stage 2 jailbreak data (step 1/3) for the past 3 hours. Any feedback or guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It only takes 3-4mins. If you read the disclaimer on the evasi0n website it tells you what to do if it gets stuck.

Evasi0n.com

Tapatalk'd / freshly Jailbroke iPad Mini

OP
P

Pvanosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where is this disclaimer you mention? I'm poking around on the evad3rs website but it's not the most intuitive of places...Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This sounds like a USB communications issue. Maybe caused by other software interfering, such as anti-virus / malware.

The instructions were that if the process hung, to restart the device by holding home + power for 7 seconds. If the device reboots and Cydia works, you should be OK. It is also safe to then retry it if it failed.

But, it does not sound like your JB has worked at all to me, so I would suggest a restore and re-jailbreak. Before you do that, make sure you shut down / close all processes on the PC which might interfere!

Good luck.

Last edited:

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where is this disclaimer you mention? I'm poking around on the evad3rs website but it's not the most intuitive of places...Thanks

It's on the front page below the download links, but the post above explains it.

Tapatalk'd / freshly Jailbroke iPad Mini

OP
P

Pvanosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update:
My Ipad 3 finally completed the JB, but it took all night to complete (I turned off any antivirus etc. but it had no visible impact) and I did also get the extra step via Recovery that some others have mentioned. I'm now doing the same thing with an Ipad 2 (also JB on 5.1.1, moving to 6.1 etc.). And it appears to be going just as slow.
My PC in Windows 8 pro, intel i970, 6GB ram, not exactly an antique. At this rate, it will take me a week to update / JB my idevices :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update:
My Ipad 3 finally completed the JB, but it took all night to complete (I turned off any antivirus etc. but it had no visible impact) and I did also get the extra step via Recovery that some others have mentioned. I'm now doing the same thing with an Ipad 2 (also JB on 5.1.1, moving to 6.1 etc.). And it appears to be going just as slow.
My PC in Windows 8 pro, intel i970, 6GB ram, not exactly an antique. At this rate, it will take me a week to update / JB my idevices :)

There must be something on your PC that is causing this. I've used evasi0n 5 times now and each time it was completed in a few minutes.

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There must be something on your PC that is causing this. I've used evasi0n 5 times now and each time it was completed in a few minutes.

Same here twice, just a few minutes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
P

Pvanosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea what it may be. I have treid on two different machines at home (windows 8 pro desktop pc and windows 8 pro laptop) and both have the same issue.
On my work laptop (windows 7 pro 64), I have no issues...

dfweyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking my iPad Mini only took about 5 minutes, my iPhone 5 jailbreak took a little bit longer...but I failed to notice the evasi0n prompting me to unlock and select the jailbreak icon

Most reactions

Latest posts