What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long did you wait to open the box?

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious. I got mine on Monday, and it's still in the box. LOL

We are packing to move in a week, and just really have not had time to play with them.

I was 1/2 tempted to list these 2 on eBay, and just order 2 more till after we move :D

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I admired the box for six hours until my husband came home so we could open it together. Now that is love...

OP
Y

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I admired the box for six hours until my husband came home so we could open it together. Now that is love...

You could have synced it and installed several apps & games by the time he got home. Now that is love :D

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hahahaha!

I doubt I will be able to wait long at all. If I manage to pick one up on Friday after work, it will be right before we are due to watch a marathon at the cinema - so I will try to sneak a peak before the movies start. Then as soon as we get home (around 2.30am) I will whack it on charge, ready for sync-ing when I wake up :D

Raptor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must have waited all of 2 seconds, saw the box ripped it open, synced it up and away I went :D

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put the box on the sofa and ran (as well as I could with crutches) for the camera to take piccies of it and send one to my friends.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used the FedEx guy's signing stylus to break the sealing tape.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hahahaha!

I doubt I will be able to wait long at all. If I manage to pick one up on Friday after work, it will be right before we are due to watch a marathon at the cinema - so I will try to sneak a peak before the movies start. Then as soon as we get home (around 2.30am) I will whack it on charge, ready for sync-ing when I wake up :D

Don't worry about sneaking a peek, there's squat all that's installed stock. Just keep it until you're ready to rock and roll when you get home.

Without apps, the iPad is a sad and lonely wasteland :(

I realized this because I had them activate it in store the second I bought it and was playing around until I got home, which took far, far, far, far too long.

Synced, bought about $30 in apps within 20 minutes and went to town.

Also note, the thing comes almost completely charged, so you don't have tons to worry about there :)

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to drive an hour there and an hour back to get my iPad so 2 hours. But as soon as I got back in took 2 seconds haha

OP
Y

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally opened them up last night, and played until 2am :D

They just will not connect to my AT&T 2wire router tho, just won't take the password. So hopped on Neighbors open WiFi

Don't care too much, we are moving in 8 days and pulling out AT&T service this weekend most likely......

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a 4.5 hour drive home from the apple store I picked mine up in. So I waited 4.5 hours and 1 second exactly. ;)

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I yelled out at the FedX guy as he pulled up in the driveway to tear the box open and have my iPad ready for me while I climbed down two flights of stairs to get to him. By the time I got down, he didn't want to give it up :p

Most reactions

Latest posts