What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$120.00 iPad From Comcast Xfinity

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First off, I don’t work for Comcast, I’m just a customer. Also, if I posted this in the wrong sub-forum, feel free to move it.

Okay, here’s how it works. If you’re a Comcast Xfinity customer as we have been for some time, go to xfinity.com/ipad and plug in the required information. If you qualify, you can sign up to get a new 6th gen iPad as long as you don’t mind having $5.00 added to your monthly bill for two years for total cost of $120.00.

Will you be required to renew for two years? Possibly. We had recently renewed our contract so we didn’t need to do it again. Your mileage may vary and it doesn’t cost anything to find out.

The iPad is a 6th generation with 128 gig, A10 chip and so on. It’s new, not refurbed or open box and it arrived in the typical Apple box just as if you bought it at a store. From the time I ordered it till it arrived was maybe five days. Same for our daughter and son in law who also qualified. I checked the price at Best Buy and if I bought it there it would have been a $400.00 iPad.

I jumped on this because my iPad Air 2 is getting old and while it still works fine, having spare set up as a duplicate, which is what I did, for $120.00 was attractive to me. I like my old Linux desktop computer but I don’t rely on it like I do with my iPad.

Cheers!

OP
Wing rider

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Getting a slight this-is-bull vibe, but that's just me

All you have to do is check out the link but if you’re not a Comcast customer that’s as far as you can go. It worked out for us because we were at the end of our two year contract anyway. Two of our adult kids were able to take advantage of it as well and we’ve all seen our bill by just the $5.00 per month. If there’s subterfuge, it remains to be discovered.

I’ll say it again, I’m not affiliated with Comcast and neither is any family member other than as customers. I will say that if I wasn’t a Comcast customer, it wouldn’t prompt me to become one.

garbage_bag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get what you're saying. I was trying to say that such an offer, while indeed worth it in words or on paper, could have some fluctuations (as in your bill, surcharges, etc.) attached besides the extra 5 bucks paid, that are, as you said, yet to be discovered. Otherwise, though, taking that in mind, I would without-a-doubt go for it and just remove it from my account if things start going astray.

One of my close relatives is a longtime Comcast customer, so I'll bring this up to her. Coincidentally, she is looking for a tablet lol

OP
Wing rider

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So far, I’ve only seen one charge for exactly $5.00. What I did notice was when I was reading through the offer details was the lack of fine print. I even had my wife read through it to look for a “gotcha” clause and neither of us saw one.

Most reactions

Latest posts