What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long can you use your iPad for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When my battery dies I won't get it replaced. I'll simply mount it permanently in a wall with 24/7 power connected and let it do more mundane tasks. I've already gotten my money out of it in enjoyment.

That sounds like a good idea and I can't say it's never crossed my mind although, you would be tethered to the wall all the time and thus defeating the purpose of have a portable/mobile tablet computer. And i'm almost sure that having the iPad plugged in all the time could ruin it over time or damage it in some way.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless it overheats, I can't see it breaking from just being used a lot & I think you'd need to fry an egg on the back for it to overheat.

One thing I noticed about Apple and Microsoft is apple has better quality/durability.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

lol I agree that Apple products are better quality/durability wise then Microsoft's. I think this might be because Microsoft mass produces their products and Apple takes a little bit more time on their work.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:
lol I agree that Apple products are better quality/durability wise then Microsoft's. I think this might be because Microsoft mass produces their products and Apple takes a little bit more time on their work.

What Microsoft products?

The Archangel

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:
That sounds like a good idea and I can't say it's never crossed my mind although, you would be tethered to the wall all the time and thus defeating the purpose of have a portable/mobile tablet computer. And i'm almost sure that having the iPad plugged in all the time could ruin it over time or damage it in some way.

It will be replaced and it's function will be more av and home automation. No different than a crestron panel, just cooler.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:

It will be replaced and it's function will be more av and home automation. No different than a crestron panel, just cooler.

I see what you're saying, makes scents on some level. But do you think having it plugged in all the time will damage it? (other than the battery which in your case you stated that it's completely dead anyways.)

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:

What Microsoft products?

The Archangel

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:
I see what you're saying, makes scents on some level. But do you think having it plugged in all the time will damage it? (other than the battery which in your case you stated that it's completely dead anyways.)

No idea...I guess I'll find out in a few years :)

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
It's a simple question, apart from the Zune, what products do MS make?

The Archangel

Seriously? Ever heard of the xbox? They outsource tons of peripherals too. If you want to get technical, neither they nor apple "make" products.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uniquename said:
Seriously? Ever heard of the xbox? They outsource tons of peripherals too. If you want to get technical, neither they nor apple "make" products.

The comparison is with Apple, I'm not aware that MS make tablets, desktops or laptops..........my point is, where is the comparison......yes, I can see a comparison with the likes of Dell, Fujitsu, Samsung, Toshiba, et al but not MS.

The Archangel

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microsoft partnered up with hp (the computer and phone making company) to make a tablet PC called the hp touchpad, Microsoft didn't make it completely on there own but it's a step in the right direction for them. And I beileve MS is going to be releasing some sort of tablet PC in the near future if they haven't already. Microsoft don't technically "make" the products BUT they sure to own a few companies that do, so you could say that MS has a hand in the tablet PC world for sure :)

Last edited:

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
The comparison is with Apple, I'm not aware that MS make tablets, desktops or laptops..........my point is, where is the comparison......yes, I can see a comparison with the likes of Dell, Fujitsu, Samsung, Toshiba, et al but not MS.

The Archangel

You realize apple doesn't make these things either, right?

I should edit...yes, apple has their name on these things. Is that the difference you mean?

Another edit....I see the reference and I think we agree. On a whole, Microsoft is more of a software company where apple is more of a "package" for lack of a better term.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
leelai said:
After reading this thread I might go for the apple care too. Is it only $70. That seems very reasonable, especially if I need a battery replacement down the line. As far as speech patterns, I have noticed a difference too, but I find it interesting. But the spell checker does annoy me. We spell so many words differently to the US. But then language has always slowly evolved over time. Reading my teenage girls text messages are challenging at times.

Gabriel1 said:
I read that completely differently to you, it seems to me that leelai is talking about messages sent from their teenage girls!

leelai said:
Umm I did mean the messages that my girls send to me.  I'm glad you got it right Gabriel Good for a laugh though.

M325i said:
Well maybe you should have said "the messages she sends me" instead of how you wrote it lol because it could be read both way. :) It's important to be clear on these global forums because not only will people in Australia be reading what you've written but, the whole world is going to be reading what you wrote. We wouldn't even be having this conversation if you had specified more about what you were trying to say.

It could very well be read both ways, let me just make that clear. Nobody is wrong here. I apologized out of common courtesy and you're all like "Umm I did mean the messages that my girls send to me." Well say that next time and be more specific and save us all the trouble. lol :)

Okay, I'll try to be real clear for you. Firstly, I have more than one girl, Gabriel got it right the first time by what he replied. I actually have 3 teenage girls. You have repeated what I wrote and yet you missed the meaning again. I didn't mean to offend you by what I wrote, I could see the misunderstanding and was trying a light hearted approach to it. Whenever someone writes about reading text messages, I would always assume that meant text messages that they have received. It wouldn't come into my head that they are reading someone else's private messages. I have been conversing for many many years and have always been understood. I promise to be very clear in future so that you will understand. You're right 'nobody is wrong here' 

Back on topic: I am going to purchase the Apple Care package for my iPad. I would think the iPad itself should last many years without any problems. I can only foresee the battery being a problem.

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I meant products that use Microsoft like Compaq or acer, from my experience the hardware on apple products are far superior IMO.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts