What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long can you use your iPad for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always used to worry about this and take very good care of my devices when it came to charging them until I figured out that I never kept these devices anywhere near the period needed for the battery to lose some of it's lasting power so I stopped worrying....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just don't take the p**s about how people speak mate.

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

Me either. It's the Americans and their AWFUL spelling that's getting to me and I'm an American.
The battery should last about a year if you charge it 2.73 times a day. As stated before, at that point it will still accept about 80% of its full capacity but from my experience with rechargeable batteries, once they get that low they start losing capacity at a much faster rate. My last Windows Mobile phone needed charging at least 3 times a day (using it a few hours a day every day with 0 bar reception) and the battery lasted well over a year before noticing any major changes.
The ipad battery is supposed to be made of better stuff than the average cheap online alternative phone battery so I'd not be overly concerned unless you start noticing 2 charges day don't last the 15 daily hours of stated usage.
As far as the eye sight, an exercise to help is put your finger at arms length in a room with a wall calendar at least 15' away. Focus on your finger, as soon as it comes in focus, look at the 1 on the calendar, as soon as it comes into focus look at your finger. Do this for each day of the month at least once a day. As your eye muscles get stronger and more limber, it will take less time to go through a month and your eyes won't get wonky when staring at your screen for hours on end.
I have no suggestions on the social life :D
Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Awesome advice man thanks a lot for the eyesight tip as well, i'll defiantly have to try that one. I guess if the battery does start to give me issues I can always get it replaced at a fair price from Apple. And as for my social life, who's to say i'm not using it while i'm out with friends or they're over. LOL:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Apple quoted me $99 to replace the battery. I got the Apple Care, that includes a battery replacement if needed, for $70.
Support Our Troops!!!
Sent from this Galaxy

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great advice about the eye exercises Mountainbikermark, this close and distance training has kept my sight good over the years.

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple quoted me $99 to replace the battery. I got the Apple Care, that includes a battery replacement if needed, for $70.
Support Our Troops!!!
Sent from this Galaxy

I was thinking of getting the extra warranty pack as well but at the time I knew nothing about the iPad and thought a years was long enough:( But i've come a long way from not knowing scwat. Lol

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After reading this thread I might go for the apple care too. Is it only $70. That seems very reasonable, especially if I need a battery replacement down the line. As far as speech patterns, I have noticed a difference too, but I find it interesting. But the spell checker does annoy me. We spell so many words differently to the US. But then language has always slowly evolved over time. Reading my teenage girls text messages are challenging at times.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
After reading this thread I might go for the apple care too. Is it only $70. That seems very reasonable, especially if I need a battery replacement down the line. As far as speech patterns, I have noticed a difference too, but I find it interesting. But the spell checker does annoy me. We spell so many words differently to the US. But then language has always slowly evolved over time. Reading my teenage girls text messages are challenging at times.

M325i said:
You read your girls text messages? lol I find that interesting. I'm far from becoming a parent so i must not know much about parenting although, i think she might mind that you look through her messages. (unless she knows) I'm just sayin!:cool:

I read that completely differently to you, it seems to me that leelai is talking about messages sent from their teenage girls!

And now maybe it's time to get back on topic.........

The Archangel

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:

M325i said:
You read your girls text messages? lol I find that interesting. I'm far from becoming a parent so i must not know much about parenting although, i think she might mind that you look through her messages. (unless she knows) I'm just sayin!:cool:

I read that completely differently to you, it seems to me that leelai is talking about messages sent from their teenage girls!

And now maybe it's time to get back on topic.........

The Archangel

Oh SNIZAP I see what you mean, woah i can't believe i read that the way i did! I almost fell off my chair when i read what Gabriel wrote. I apologize LOL

But you gotta admit it kind of sounds like I could be right as well :) What leeai wrote could have meant to be read how i read it or like how you read it. I'm just sayin :cool:

As for the topic i wish i had too purchased the extended warranty it would've in handy down the road.

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When my battery dies I won't get it replaced. I'll simply mount it permanently in a wall with 24/7 power connected and let it do more mundane tasks. I've already gotten my money out of it in enjoyment.

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless it overheats, I can't see it breaking from just being used a lot & I think you'd need to fry an egg on the back for it to overheat.

One thing I noticed about Apple and Microsoft is apple has better quality/durability.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
M325i said:
Oh SNIZAP I see what you mean, woah i can't believe i read that the way i did! I almost fell off my chair when i read what Gabriel wrote. I apologize LOL

But you gotta admit it kind of sounds like I could be right as well :) What leeai wrote could have meant to be read how i read it or like how you read it. I'm just sayin :cool:

As for the topic i wish i had too purchased the extended warranty it would've in handy down the road.

Umm I did mean the messages that my girls send to me.  I'm glad you got it right Gabriel Good for a laugh though.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm I did mean the messages that my girls send to me.  I'm glad you got it right Gabriel Good for a laugh though.

Well maybe you should have said "the messages she sends me" instead of how you wrote it lol because it could be read both way. :) It's important to be clear on these global forums because not only will people in Australia be reading what you've written but, the whole world is going to be reading what you wrote. We wouldn't even be having this conversation if you had specified more about what you were trying to say.

It could very well be read both ways, let me just make that clear. Nobody is wrong here. I apologized out of common courtesy and you're all like "Umm I did mean the messages that my girls send to me." Well say that next time and be more specific and save us all the trouble. lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts