What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long can you use your iPad for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

docfreed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In A Similar Vein...

I like to listen to music and/or watch videos on my IPad2. Does anyone know which uses more juice - Bluetooth Audio or using earbuds?

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to listen to music and/or watch videos on my IPad2. Does anyone know which uses more juice - Bluetooth Audio or using earbuds?

I think Bluetooth Audio would be using more "juice" lol

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
I felt the same way, it pretty much is an oversized ipod touch,but thr battery should last many years, I really dont think you will have to worry about replacing the battery before 4-5 years, if not 5-6. And even then, they will replace the battery for $100 so it is not too bad, but I can see where you are coming from.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Also - if you purchased a warranty like squaretrade or worth ave group, they will replace the battery free of charge after the device is out of apple's standard 1 year warranty. Happened with my (ancient!) 2G iPod touch. Only took about 3 days. And then you also have the coverage in case of accidents or whatever.

As for the iPad being a big iPod touch - yeah, that's kinda true...but that's why I like it! There are so many things I can do on all my iDevices....but the smaller screen sizes are really annoying! I hate reading my eTextbooks on my iPhone or iPod. I can't take notes for class on them at all. Browsing the net can get really frustrating. And the ease of portability is still there! My laptop is an ultra thin 14" laptop with a quadcore 2.4 GHz processor and 6gigs of RAM. It's a NICE and expensive laptop. It does everything my iPad can't do, and everything it can do but faster. But it doesn't have the battery life and it weighs a couple pounds more, nit including the charger. When you're a college student with heavy textbooks, the less junk I carry the better. The iPad is my solution. I have rented etexts for the heaviest books, I use it to annotate ppts with upad so I don't have to carry endless notebooks, and I don't have to carry my laptop to get things done during the day.

It's worth it to me. I love my iPad...even more so now that it's jailbroken! I thought I loved my iPhone when a jailbroke it, but the iPad is so much better....I can't get over it!

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you certainly make some interesting point, I get what you're saying the iPad does have it's pros. (and cons)

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yes, that is why i got mine, i love the bigger screen, was hard seeing some of the things on ipod touch, tho i traded in my ipod touch for the new ipod touch and the screen is amazing. I really do like what my ipad can do, wish it did more, but all in all I am happy =)

TammysPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:
This might sound silly, but it's starting to really concern me. I'm wondering whether it's a bad thing to use your iPad for extremely long periods of time. I'm finding myself using the iPad for about 10 to 15 hours a day, most of the time every day of the week for months straight:eek: (I'm not exaggerating) Yes crazy but I can't help myself there are just too many things you can do on the iPad. So is this bad for the iPad? I say yes because using any product for that long would obviously be bad for it's health right? Or can the iPad handle that much use? I need a second opinion on this topic and maybe some advice on how long you should use the iPad on a weekly bases. I would also like to know roughly how many hours you guys use your iPads in about a week, if that isn't too much to ask. :D

This is not silly at all!! Since I received mine in Jan 11,I'm in it about 8 hours a day. I'm not a tec person so this is like a "kid in the candy store". But one thing I've noticed-my eye sight starts to bother me. As soon as the % of power starts dropping,I power it up. Don't want to be caught down and out so to speak. So it seems I'm always finding new things about my iPad. It's hide and seek,so to speak. Hope it helps a little. TammysPad

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:
This might sound silly, but it's starting to really concern me. I'm wondering whether it's a bad thing to use your iPad for extremely long periods of time. I'm finding myself using the iPad for about 10 to 15 hours a day, most of the time every day of the week for months straight:eek: (I'm not exaggerating) Yes crazy but I can't help myself there are just too many things you can do on the iPad. So is this bad for the iPad? I say yes because using any product for that long would obviously be bad for it's health right? Or can the iPad handle that much use? I need a second opinion on this topic and maybe some advice on how long you should use the iPad on a weekly bases. I would also like to know roughly how many hours you guys use your iPads in about a week, if that isn't too much to ask. :D

This is not silly at all!! Since I received mine in Jan 11,I'm in it about 8 hours a day. I'm not a tec person so this is like a "kid in the candy store". But one thing I've noticed-my eye sight starts to bother me. As soon as the % of power starts dropping,I power it up. Don't want to be caught down and out so to speak. So it seems I'm always finding new things about my iPad. It's hide and seek,so to speak. Hope it helps a little. TammysPad

That's so true i'm always learning new things about my iPad as well, almost on a daily basis. Lol

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with your English. Maybe you are being gently teased because it's not American English.

Yep. You are. :D

Last time I checked this wasn't a "American" forum so you guys should probably brace yourself for some global English. LOL:)

I do say it is not a fully bread English forum either, chap. We have loads of international hubbys chatting in loads of languages with their lappys.
Cheers.

That was my British impression. :D

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
I do say it is not a fully bread English forum either, chap. We have loads of international hubbys chatting in loads of languages with their lappys.
Cheers.

That was my British impression. :D

Grayson......you have been watching all the wrong movies!

The Archangel

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
"Whilst?" "Mains?" I didn't even have to look from where you hailed. :D

As for the OP's question, a good precaution would be to fashion an aluminum foil hat.

Just don't take the p**s about how people speak mate..........we are all different.

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
"Whilst?" "Mains?" I didn't even have to look from where you hailed. :D

As for the OP's question, a good precaution would be to fashion an aluminum foil hat.

Just don't take the p**s about how people speak mate..........we are all different.

I concur.

Reaction score
Just don't take the p**s about how people speak mate.

Me either. It's the Americans and their AWFUL spelling that's getting to me and I'm an American.
The battery should last about a year if you charge it 2.73 times a day. As stated before, at that point it will still accept about 80% of its full capacity but from my experience with rechargeable batteries, once they get that low they start losing capacity at a much faster rate. My last Windows Mobile phone needed charging at least 3 times a day (using it a few hours a day every day with 0 bar reception) and the battery lasted well over a year before noticing any major changes.
The ipad battery is supposed to be made of better stuff than the average cheap online alternative phone battery so I'd not be overly concerned unless you start noticing 2 charges day don't last the 15 daily hours of stated usage.
As far as the eye sight, an exercise to help is put your finger at arms length in a room with a wall calendar at least 15' away. Focus on your finger, as soon as it comes in focus, look at the 1 on the calendar, as soon as it comes into focus look at your finger. Do this for each day of the month at least once a day. As your eye muscles get stronger and more limber, it will take less time to go through a month and your eyes won't get wonky when staring at your screen for hours on end.
I have no suggestions on the social life :D
Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts