What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is iOS 8.1 on your iPad 2?

PHantasy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day everyone! :)

I'm still @ iOS 7.1.2. However, from everyone's responses, I think it's safe to update to iOS 8.1. We'll just have to live with the glitchy 3G function, and slightly less battery life, right?

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish I didn't update.
Everything became soooo slow. Apps start slow. Apps work slow as well.

I did a full wipe and restored only data. Started clean without any apps. But still experience was noticable slower compared to ios7.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you reset it (press and hold Home and Power button...) after updating?

What method did you use: OTA or iTunes?

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used iTunes.
I turned off and on few times. Isnt reset the same as turn off and on?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, that's restarting. Resetting is performed by pressing and holding Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. As soon as it's visible, let go of both buttons and let the iPad power up on it's own.

Resetting could help get rid of a few glitches you experience. If needed, you can do this for a second time as well. Some members reset three or four times, and it helped.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just did that. Maybe it got a little faster for a few minutes. But now I feel same slowliness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just did that. Maybe it got a little faster for a few minutes. But now I feel same slowliness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The software needs some time to "settle in". Give it a few days, perhaps the performance will improve.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes finally iOS 8.1.1

"This release includes bug fixes, increased stability and performance improvements for iPad 2 and iPhone 4s"

Has anybody tested?

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just posted elsewhere on here stating that I have just installed 8.1.1 and am letting things settle down before commenting so will keep all you guys posted.
Take care,
Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts