What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does Safari decide which page to close when you open a tenth?

Lenoxus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I mostly use alternate browsers on my iPad, I occasionally work with Safari, and I'm still in the habit of often opening links in new pages (which some links automatically do anyway). If a new page is opened and there are already nine, the maximum, then Safari automatically closes one and inserts the new one. It's not always the first or last page, so how does it choose?

I'm also not sure if the location where the new one is inserted is the same as the one that was closed, so I'm curious about that too. Does anyone know what criteria it goes by?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears to vary. I checked by setting all nine of my pages to numbered pages so I could easily track which closed. (I set all nine pages to Wikipedia entries for the numbers 1-9.) Then I tried opening a 10th page and Safari would close pages without apparent pattern.

I didn't spend much time fooling with it, though. I also use other browser apps (Atomic and Terra), and they offer tabs and let me keep more stuff open.

Last edited:

ipad.subu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lenoxus said:
While I mostly use alternate browsers on my iPad, I occasionally work with Safari, and I'm still in the habit of often opening links in new pages (which some links automatically do anyway). If a new page is opened and there are already nine, the maximum, then Safari automatically closes one and inserts the new one. It's not always the first or last page, so how does it choose?

I'm also not sure if the location where the new one is inserted is the same as the one that was closed, so I'm curious about that too. Does anyone know what criteria it goes by?

Hi
What r the good alternate browsers you have used on iPad ?
....alternatively ...what is the best according to u?

Thanks in adv
Regards
Subu

Most reactions

Latest posts