What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Page in The Safari Browser

TonyPie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got an iPad2 with iOS5 & iCloud installed. I'm liking the new tabbed layout for the Safari browser. Is there a way to set-up a "home-page" in Safari on my iPad, like the home-page that I have on my Explorer9 browser on my Windows7 PC ? I'm using the Google News as my home-page on my PC. I could open Google news on my Safari browser, but it doesn't automatically update like my PC's browser.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a workaround. You can save the current page as an icon on your Home screen. Go to the page that you want to be your home page. Now press the 'curly arrow' icon on the menu bar and choose 'Add to Home Screen'. That icon will now be saved to your Home screen. In future, when you want to start Safari, simply press that icon instead. You can even move it to the screen 'dock' area and move the regular Safari icon out.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts