What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I open mms links in Safari?

sakage.shinga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time iPad user here. I have an iPad 3 and I'm trying to figure out how to get Safari to open an mms:// link. It's basically for an online radio streaming site that in Windows will open up Windows Media Player to stream the audio. I know iPad obviously doesn't have WMP, but does this mean there is no equivalent of WMP on iPad 3 that can play the stream???

At the moment, when I try to open the streaming link (mms://......) in Safari, it tells me that it "Cannot Open Page - Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid".

Thanks!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are several radio streaming apps. Besides the large library of presets most will let you enter custom URLs. Your link will probably work in this kind of app. Shop around. There several good choices.

I use TuneIn Radio, and like it well enough.

Most reactions