What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you guys feel about App review popups

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a developer its a tough situation.

It used to be the only time we had a review was when an App was being deleted... Not a great time to get positive reviews.

People tend to leave negative reviews when they hate a product, but skip leaving a review if they like a product. Some will always review Apps, but they are rare.

Reviews drive sales if they are positive.

How many of you will buy a $4 App with 2 star reviews, or one without enough reviews to get a rating?

That's why you are asked to review again after a major revision update - the review system gets reset...

-t

OP
HTMLEgg

HTMLEgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
htmlegg.aidaluu.com
Thanks everyone. Sounds like not having a popup and instead just displaying a link/button somewhere is more acceptable for users.

thewitt - I feel the same way. I've never liked popups but understand the developer doesn't have many options and ratings/reviews are so important for sales. So I always review for popups on Apps I liked, even tho I'm slightly irritated. hah and I'm a developer myself! Can't imagine what it's like for regular users.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
To be honest, I have to be blown away by an app (in a good or bad way) before I will rate it... Asking me in the middle of me using it or launch, will generally lead me to give it a 1 star rating.

It is my choice to rate, and if a popup keeps coming up, then the app is nothing more than bloatware.

Want a good rating - create the best app in the category. Wow the users.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Somerled said:
To be honest, I have to be blown away by an app (in a good or bad way) before I will rate it... Asking me in the middle of me using it or launch, will generally lead me to give it a 1 star rating.

It is my choice to rate, and if a popup keeps coming up, then the app is nothing more than bloatware.

Want a good rating - create the best app in the category. Wow the users.

Amen brother!

VicoPad addict!

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Sounds like not having a popup and instead just displaying a link/button somewhere is more acceptable for users.

Yes, it is.
I hate them popups, I could live with them in a free app, but find it unacceptable in a paid one. I enjoy doing reviews from time to time and never uber pressure. And I prefer to write positive reviews... ;)

Nevertheless I would like to thank to all the dev community for their efforts making things happen in our Ipad microworld.

MacSquare&Ball

Most reactions

Latest posts