What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do You Return (for Refund) a Junk App in iTunes Store?

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a total junk of an app in iTunes Store that made me angry. I sent an email to iTunes to stop providing the product so others don't get fooled. The product didn't have any reviews to base my judgment on. I'm sure this happens all the time, namely, you end up purchasing an app with no reviews to help you make your sound decision.

So how do you get your money back? Apple is an iCrap when it comes to things like this...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a total junk of an app in iTunes Store that made me angry. I sent an email to iTunes to stop providing the product so others don't get fooled. The product didn't have any reviews to base my judgment on. I'm sure this happens all the time, namely, you end up purchasing an app with no reviews to help you make your sound decision.

So how do you get your money back? Apple is an iCrap when it comes to things like this...

When you get your invoice for that app call the Apple help line (you need the invoice so that they can verify the purchase) and they will refund the cost by crediting the amount to your iTunes account. Several Forum members have done this and Apple have never questioned it.

Tim
Scotland

OP
S

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score

When you get your invoice for that app call the Apple help line (you need the invoice so that they can verify the purchase) and they will refund the cost by crediting the amount to your iTunes account. Several Forum members have done this and Apple have never questioned it.

Tim
Scotland

Great, thanks, Tim!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jeanlupi said:
How do I get the invoice, I've never seen one anywhere.

Normally, they email them to you as long as you had a legit still in use email. I know some people use old email address to keep from receiving tons of stuff if they make a lot of purchases. You should receive them every week after making purchases, free or barter.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can't find your old invoice then you might be able to convince them if you have a credit card receipt and the reference number of the transaction. But, for sure, an electronic invoice that they send you regularly with details of everything you've purchased from iTunes would be better - if not required - because it has the reference number of the transaction on it. If you look in 'Settings', 'Store' there you'll see the email address that you registered at iTunes with. That's where they're sending it....

Tim
Scotland

purpledragonfly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can access a record of all your purchases through iTunes.

Go to Store --> View My Account
Click on "Purchase History". For me it's the 4th button down on the right.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

Would you please share which app it was? It may save others here some aggravation later on. Thanks.

OP
S

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Would you please share which app it was? It may save others here some aggravation later on. Thanks.

Nothing mainstream.... I'm planning on taking my family to South Korea for a vacation, so I thought I'd get this travel app called "Korean City Guides 2-in-1" because it has the map of different cities (in actuality, only Seoul, the country's capital city), "Things To Do" with maps of each location (they all take you to Palo Alto, CA!!), "Weather," (turns off the app every single time if you click on this), "Restaurants" and "Hotels" with maps, again, taking you all to Palo Alto, etc. etc. -- just a pure junk all around. It's only $.99 but I was so pissed that I had to get every penny back as well as to inform Apple not to carry that vendor.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go under purchase history for your iTunes account o. ITunes. You'll see a button that says "report a problem" that will allow you to query and get you money back on a crap app! There are a lot of them! Read reviews man good and bad ones!

Jeanlupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes, it is books hd & booklist, neither would give me cover art. That was important to me as I have not only culinary art text books, but I collect good quality cookbooks. I even have mastering the art of French cooking signed by both Julia child and her husband, priceless to me. Tha one call books for $2.99 is easy to use and applies book cover art. I am a organization nut, as I also have over 1300 CDs in a music app with cover art, DVD catalog with cover art, and a game one for my domestic partner, as I am not a gamer. My idea of a good time is entering some of my recipes on my iPad getting ready to put another book out, and cooking. I have a four year in culinary arts, and a two year in pastry. So for the book cover art is important to me. Thanks for all your help. Now I need to work on changing my apple I'd so they come to the box I use, which is mamalupi @gmail.com. Yes, I am Italian. Sincerely, Jean Lupi, A.K.A. Mama Lupi

Jeanlupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Feel free to contact me anytime, I really apprecieted your help.
Mama Lupi:):):):pTrying to figure out this icon thing, I tap it and just see lines dots and the letter p.sorry if they are not meant for me to see just you you may get several.
Code:
<<<@!1!@>>>
:D alright I gave up on attaching a icon so I thought I would add I pic of my company logo which is a characterization of my god mother, or at least a photo of me in my chef jacket. Can't figure none of them out, sorry. Take care.
Mama Lupi

Jeanlupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright the icon show up after I post, as I am not computer or iPad savvy now just to learn how to put my logo as me when i post.

Most reactions

Latest posts