What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you find any magazines that are ready for the iPad?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks CaptKirk, great find, very helpful.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Zino iPhone | Zinio Digital Magazines and Books

They currently have an iPod/iPhone application and are said to be working on a iPad version. I',ve have several subscriptions on my iPhone and love it..
Thanks for the info. I just did a search on the app store and there is an iPad version.

cool, i didn't realize they were going to get the iPad version out this quick. I'll be down loading tonight.. There are several free subscriptions you can use to check out the service. I love it... i think you will too.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From the iTunes store, search for "Magazine" and look in the section "iPad Apps". I wasn't able to find a separate category for them either.

ipad-magazine-apps.png

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cool, i didn't realize they were going to get the iPad version out this quick. I'll be down loading tonight.. There are several free subscriptions you can use to check out the service. I love it... i think you will too.
You are right, I just checked out the free samples and this is definitely something I am going to use. The few prices I have checked out seem reasonable to me too. Thanks again :).

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do some research before buying. I've read some reviews that there are a few mags that are glorified PDFs with video ads inserted. The ones I'm interested in are priced almost the same as the newsstand so may need to wait a bit.

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to install zinio for the ipad, having issues with installation with this App. I have an account with them and it works fine on my mac & pc. Zinio is supposed to be ipad ready...meaning no adobe flash required.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zinio loaded fine on both my iPad and iPod. You have to register as a user before you can download magazines. Don't worry, they don't ask for your credit card to register, only when you want to purchase. I've been getting free magazines lately, not samples but the whole issue. I don't know if this is a glitch or if they are teasers.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it would have been better to add the magazine subscriptions to the ibooks store instead of the app store

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed over the weekend that several of my designer and photography mags from the UK (that cost $15 a pop over here in the states) have apps on the iPad where you can get them for $4.99 per single issue or $4.50 an issue if you subscribe for 6 months. The mags look perfectly fine in their iPad apps with no added advertising. The interface is a tad slow and buggy on them but they were released before even having their hands on an iPad so I'm sure they'll be updated to fix those problems soon. So now I can get 4 issues for just $2 more than one issue + tax at B&N! Granted they don't come with the additional CDs but 9 times out of 10 the CDs just ended up in a stack in one of my desk drawers anyways.

Most reactions