What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Magazine

dalehitchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im pretty good with making magazines..... i'm a journalist and quite handy with indesign.

I really want to make a magazine and have been looking at the addons for indesign such as Woodwing, aswell as QuarkXpress. Im awful with coding though.

I was amazed when i saw these software packages. I thought i'd finally be able to start off on my own. They offer rich designs techniques implemented into a magazine, such as videos and animations.

Then i saw the price, you pay hundreds of £££ $$$ per magazine you publish, and around 30p per magazine you actually sell. On top of that software and license runs into its hundreds. By the time you actually finish, your gonna be paying around £4000. What a joke....

Is there any other software that isn't made to make the rich richer, and give us regular joes a go?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most likely those that have read your post don't have an answer, and an endless string of no posts would be kind of pointless.

I know Adobe is in the process of creating something along this line. They've been working with Wired. I have no idea of what the costs involved are, but I suspect they are also catering to big companies.

The only thing I can think of is for you to create a web app, and then create a specialized browser app for it, so that you can make sure iOS devices know about you more than for access.

Other than that, I'd have to do a lot of research, and I'm sure you are a better judge of what you need than I am.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also you need to remember that anyone can view your post but only members can post a reply. But, as twerppoet rightly says, many people have probably read your post - found the content very interesting and informative - but don't have a good solution to the problem.

Plus, too, you have to remember this is a world-wide Forum so, taking time-zones into account, unless you're a complete 24/7 iPad junkie like twerppoet :), you might have to wait a day or so to get comments.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I sleep for at least 9 hours a day. Though my internal clock does seem to be out of sync with my Time Zone. And I leave the computer and iPad behind for whole consecutive minutes, several times a day. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts