What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you change the iPad's name??

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPad connected to my MBP to sync and I see that it has my name on it. I'm going to give this one to my husband and then I'll get the new one that should be here today. Is there a way to change the name to my husband's name?

Thank you,
Susan

robsoule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think all you need to do is connect your iPad to your computer and then double click (or single) on the name. It should highlight and then you can rename as you wish. Doing this from memory, so I may be off a bit.

Dav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes rob correct just give it a click and it will highlight and then you can change it.

OP
I

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I solved the problem. The new iPad was going to be mine anyway so I just reset the old one and when I connected to the computer to sync, I changed it then. Spent most of the afternoon setting both ipads up since my husband won't be using all the apps that I use - so I set his up with the apps I think he would use, and the music he likes. I even put pictures of his corvette on it - I'm sure that will surprise him. And his kindle book is on there ready to read!!!

Hope he likes his iPad (32gb wifi) as much as I like mine (32gb 3G)!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts