What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes is husband's account. How do I make my ipad send messages in MY name?

ahowe070

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad mini. I can send text messages on it, but they are delivered from my husband's name which is his email/itunes account ID. I want to keep the same itunes account, is there a way to change the name on my ipad?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can keep his iTunes account, but change where you send and receive your iMessage.

Go to settings/iMessage/send and receive and select another email account of your choice.

image-1205870856.jpg

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ahowe070 said:
I have an ipad mini. I can send text messages on it, but they are delivered from my husband's name which is his email/itunes account ID. I want to keep the same itunes account, is there a way to change the name on my ipad?

Yes. Add your email address to the relevant fields in Settings/Messages (may as well do FaceTime too while you are there) and delete your husband's email address from those fields. You have to add the new one before you can delete the old one, because there has to be at least one at all times.

Your purchasing will still be under the existing account. Messages and FaceTime make no difference to this. This is the exact way I set up m son's iPod and iPad mini. He shares my iTunes account (and credit card!!!) but apart from that, his equipment and mine are totally distinct.

OP
A

ahowe070

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I need to make a new apple ID? I tried to use my gmail login, but it won't let me because it is already in use.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. You should not make a new AppleID. If you do that you will no longer be able to share apps. Try making another gmail account to see if that will work. That may be quicker than trying to figure out why your existing one won't work.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Yes. Add your email address to the relevant fields in Settings/Messages (may as well do FaceTime too while you are there) and delete your husband's email address from those fields. You have to add the new one before you can delete the old one, because there has to be at least one at all times.

Your purchasing will still be under the existing account. Messages and FaceTime make no difference to this. This is the exact way I set up m son's iPod and iPad mini. He shares my iTunes account (and credit card!!!) but apart from that, his equipment and mine are totally distinct.

Mega dittos, this works. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts