What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i save games before a restore or jailbrake

tkmaxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i want to save my games so i dont loose progress (years of angry birds! ) but want to apply a jailbrake - how do i do this ? i cant find any details :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My understanding is that a normal backup in iTunes of your iPad will save all game progress. So, all you have to do, before doing the jail break, is (1) connect your iPad to iTunes and select "Transfer Purchases." This will ensure all data on your iPad is transferred to iTunes. Then, (2) select "Back Up" in iTunes.

After iTunes finishes the back up, you should be good to go. If you need to restore the backup, then that information should be there.

I am willing to be corrected on this, but I've not noticed that I've lost any information when I had to "restore from backup." It was all there. The key is that you must not get any errors in creating the backup...

Hope this helps and reassures.

Marilyn

OP
T

tkmaxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thats just it i wont be 'restoring' after a jailbrake - as i want to keep the jailbrake :(

Most reactions

Latest posts