What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari problem

Janette Young

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I open Safari, I get un untitled page instead of the display of my favourite sites. This happened after I was cleaning the screen with Safari open at one of my favourite websites. I am give the option on the untitled page of Private or + or Done. When I select done a new browser page opens and when I hit bookmarks all I get is history I do not get favourites I would be grateful if anyone can tell me how to correct this and go back to the previous display.
Thank you
Janette

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try force closing Safari, clearing history and website data, and resetting your iPad.

To force close Safari:
Double tap the Home button until you see the multitasking bar. Slide the picture of the app below the app icon towards the top of the screen.

Clear history and website data in Settings - Safari.

To reset, press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let your device power up on it's own.

Sometimes I get a blank page when I open a new tab in Safari. All I have to do, is tap the address/search bar, to get my favorites again.

Most reactions