What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I open multiple pages?

crapshooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The manual shows tapping on a double box but I can't find a box like that anywhere.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you trying to do this in the web browser? If so just hit the + sign near the top right to add a second page. Then you can add a third, fourth, fifth, etc...

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you trying to do this in the web browser? If so just hit the + sign near the top right to add a second page. Then you can add a third, fourth, fifth, etc...

Could be referring to double tapping the home button to bring up the list of open apps you have.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually the only double box I remember seeing was on the iPad 1 as Safari does not have tabs going across the top of the screen to change to other pages but you tap on the double box to see up to 9 different screens that you have open.

So if the OP happens to be on an iPad 1 or possibly looking at a manual for an iPad 1 that is what is going on.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually the only double box I remember seeing was on the iPad 1 as Safari does not have tabs going across the top of the screen to change to other pages but you tap on the double box to see up to 9 different screens that you have open.

So if the OP happens to be on an iPad 1 or possibly looking at a manual for an iPad 1 that is what is going on.

Oh yea, I remember that. I think it was actually a software update that did away with those. I remember that's how it worked when I first got my iPad 2. Still how it is on the iPhone.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just gave my daughter my old iPad 2 for her iPad 1 and she was like, "Hey I get tabbed browsing!" And this was 10 days ago so I think the iPad 1 still has the same Safari experience.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had tabs on Safari with my iPad original, but it was done differently on the early iOS. At first you could have several web sites available, with a page to select the last nine you were at, as I remember. It was replaced in iOS 4 by tabs.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had tabs on Safari with my iPad original, but it was done differently on the early iOS. At first you could have several web sites available, with a page to select the last nine you were at, as I remember. It was replaced in iOS 4 by tabs.

I just got her iPad 1 out and yes you are correct. It does have tabbed browsing so she must have really been behind on updates! I have since wiped her device and set it up as new. When giving her my old iPad 2 I asked about restoring from her iTunes backup and she laughed and said it hadn't been done in months. I guess she wasn't joking!:confused:

Most reactions