What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I deauthorize an iPad?

ldeloread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I deauthorize an iPad? I've read in a couple of places on this forum to go to the iTunes store and click on accounts. Then, to click on manage devices. I don't see "manage devices"? Is there another way to do this. Someone mentioned something like wiping it or resetting everything back to factory settings. How can I do this?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
To wipe go to settings, general, reset

To deauthorise, I think you may have to do it on the computer that you used to authorize it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You authorize accounts, not devices on the computer in iTunes. It's primarily to make sure your Apple ID (account) will work with iTunes, but you should authrorize any Apple ID's associated with devices you intent to connect to that computer/iTunes.

It's found under the Store menu.

On the iPad itself, if you don't want the account to be able to purchase stuff in one of the iStores, just go to the bottom of the main tab in that store (say the featured tab in the App Store), tap on the Apple ID, and sign out. This has to be done individually for each store.

Alternately, you can go To Settings > General > Restrictions and turn off the ability to install or delete apps, and turn off the iTunes and/or iBooks store; among other settings. Don't forget the passcode you set when turning on Restrictions. You'll have to restore the entire iPad to undo that mistake.

Most reactions

Latest posts