What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deauthorizing My Computer

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got a question.

I've got a computer here at work that is one of the computers that I've authorized for my iTunes account. They were having problems with this particular computer and bought a new computer to replace the old one. The plan is to transfer all the data from the old computer to the new one and let someone else use the old one in the company.

My question is, I still need to deauthorize the iTunes account from the old computer. Is this possible or even necessary. If it is, how is it done?

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I don't think you can unless you deauthorise on the actual computer. I have had two computers crash and had no way of deauthorising them. At least when you get to five authorized, you can deauthorise all and just pick the ones you want to authorize.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found this it may help

• If you forgot to deauthorize a computer you no longer own, and you have five authorized computers, you can deauthorize all your authorized computers at once. You can use this method once a year.Choose Store > View My Account, and click Deauthorize All. If you don’t see this option, it’s because you don’t have five authorized computers.
If you have trouble deauthorizing a computer, visit the iTunes Store Authorization FAQwebsite.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
followthesapper said:
I found this it may help

I've found you don't have to have 5 to deauthorize all. It's the best way to make sure you only have authorized computers on your account that you have control of.

Just unauthorize all and then add back the ones you want by signing into iTunes on those computers.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is great to know! Maybe the rules changed but this certainly works.

Most reactions