What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do I Access AirDrop on iPad 2

rr1947

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made a video on my iPhone 5 and have been trying to transfer it to my iPad 2 and I'm stuck! Video is too large to email, so I thought I would AirDrop it, but I cannot figure out how to 'turn on' AirDrop on the iPad 2. I tried Family Sharing, that didn't work either. I turned on AirDrop on my MacBook Pro, but AirDrop was denied for some reason. I would appreciate your assistance, this video is very important to my family. Thanks,

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I made a video on my iPhone 5 and have been trying to transfer it to my iPad 2 and I'm stuck! Video is too large to email, so I thought I would AirDrop it, but I cannot figure out how to 'turn on' AirDrop on the iPad 2. I tried Family Sharing, that didn't work either. I turned on AirDrop on my MacBook Pro, but AirDrop was denied for some reason. I would appreciate your assistance, this video is very important to my family. Thanks,
I'm afraid you can't use AirDrop on your iPad 2. AirDrop requires an iPad 4 or later or an iPhone 5 or later.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PhotoSync by touchbyte should work, You need to add and open it on both devices and 'preferably' be on the same wi-fi network. But you only have to pay once. It's universal.

It's one of the more useful apps I own, especially pre AirDrop; which I haven't gotten in the habit of using yet.

As a side note: AirDrop requires a more advanced wi-fi radio, one capable of creating a secondary peer-to-peer connection, in addition to the primary wi-fi network. The iPad 2's hardware can't support this.

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a Mac computer, use iPhoto.
Start up iPhoto. Plug in the phone. Import photos and videos.
You can either delete the originals from your phone or leave them on it.
If there is an eject button, eject the iPhone.
Quit iPhoto.
Start iTunes. Plug in the iPad.
There are two views in iTunes. One view has no sidebar, the other view has the sidebar. Find the name of your iPad. Click it.
In the iTunes menu click on Photos. Sync selected photos and videos.
Check the ones you want to have on the iPad.
Click Sync, or Apply.
Wait for all the steps, about 5 or 6.
Eject the iPad.
Quit iTunes.
Tap Videos on the iPad. Not Photos.
Play the movie.
Smile.

Most reactions