What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did I ever live without my iPad2???

Synnerg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, I take my iPad2 with me almost everywhere like a wallet now. I'm currently writing you from a bar, I come here to consume the news every wednesday. I sync my calendars through google and pocket informant, I have my social networks and can use my REAL computer anytime with TeamViewer. I can even stream my incredible library directly using Air Video.

Just a basic recommendation of apps for a new ipad2 user:

Air video paid version
Team viewer free version
Pocket I formant hd
Icab mobile Internet browser
Ipadforums app
My pad+
FLUD / pulse news
Zinio / Flipboard ( I use both)
Idaft
Square
Appshopper
Real racing hd
Circuloid

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who don't know the web browser Puffin gives you a complete desktop experience with flash and now with the update full video viewing and tabs.

That's not true, the sites I go to with flash content are still completely worthless on the iPad even using puffin.

Yea, it will play the videos (sort of) but it is a slideshow with no sound.......

Didn't I read you solved your flash problems with Splashtop? Or was that you?

Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Now that is am interesting question. Was it you, or you?

Splashtop does work as a work-around, but in my admittedly limited experience, is it not very useful. Flash games are almost unplayable, flash videos on the other hand do work including sound.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Now that is am interesting question. Was it you, or you?

Splashtop does work as a work-around, but in my admittedly limited experience, is it not very useful. Flash games are almost unplayable, flash videos on the other hand do work including sound.

What are you talking about?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
What are you talking about?

Have you tried playing flash games via Splashtop?

It runs so slow and the controls are hard to use.

I don't play on line games ~ and I am never concerned with flash. IMO, from what I have read and learned, all workarounds for flash are horrible! Sluggish and unpredictable.

The ones who really really want flash will tell they work great!:D

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad had an MD, I'd have it made. It could be my personal everything as I lay in bed (sick more so with excuses) not doing everything I should be because unfortunately, iPad can't quite do everything just yet. But she will. It's like sending a child college, costly but worth almost every penny (if he or she doesn't party, which iPad might).

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've loved my iPad 1 since day one of the 3G model, so much so that I also got an iPad 2.

I have two 64 GBs, and I love having all my music and books with me as I travel, and having online access pretty much anywhere, any time. I spent months overseas with my iPad 1 and was easily able to switch out my SIM card. Now I switch my card between both my iPads. W00t for the AT&T unlimited data plan, too.

Rich2putt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is a marvelous piece of technology. Haven’t put it down since I received it a week ago. I use mine mostly for news and emails. Haven’t missed flash what so ever.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is a marvelous piece of technology. Haven’t put it down since I received it a week ago. I use mine mostly for news and emails. Haven’t missed flash what so ever.

Some of the news sites have a ton of flash video.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What else can I say?

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mystro said:
It's only been 3 weeks since I purchased my iPad2 32g and I dont know how I ever got along with out it? My Dell laptop has been down for 2 weeks and Dell is replacing it. I don't even miss it and that was my convenient device I used when I wasn't at my desktop. Honestly, the iPad has become my right hand tool for everything now. Web, voice memos, notes, entertainment, etc on a daily basis. I feel like before I had my iPad, I was rubbing two sticks together like a caveman. Mongo like iPad....:D.

FYI...My recommendation for a few "must own apps" Goodreader, PS Express, Netflix, Google earth, Clock pro HD, iMovie, Pandora, Crackle, Weatherbug. These are some apps that will give you a pretty productive and well rounded iPad2.

I turn off the work pc and turn on the iPad for evening fun.

Most reactions