What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did I ever live without my iPad2???

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed. Since I got the Zaggmate to go with my iPad2 I haven't turned my computer on outside of work hours. I used to spend four or five hours of my own time on it each day but the iPad has completely replaced it for the needs I've had so far. The one app that I will need to find at some point is a word processor but that will have to wait until one comes along that supports change tracking. Until then, when I need to edit something I'll have to fire up the laptop (yuck!)

Pages is a very capable word processor. I also like iAWriter for using the iPad w/o the mechanical add-on keyboard. Has a great spell checker. They have a added punctuation and scrolling keys which are really handy. Wish that keyboard was built-in to the iOS.

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
Pages is a very capable word processor. I also like iAWriter for using the iPad w/o the mechanical add-on keyboard. Has a great spell checker. They have a added punctuation and scrolling keys which are really handy. Wish that keyboard was built-in to the iOS.

I use iAWriter for writing but I need that one feature for editing and (to the best of my knowledge) none of the iPad .doc compatible WPs has it yet. One of them - I don't remember which one at the moment - will show tracked changes and comments but none of them will allow me to track the changes that I make or selectively accept/reject changes that someone else has made.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the biggest revelations for me since getting mine is that sleep is overrated.:D

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
idave23 said:
One of the biggest revelations for me since getting mine is that sleep is overrated.:D

no way, sleep is the best thing since sliced bread..... or am I just a sleepaholic? lol

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
idave23 said:

Oh, yeh, you are damn right! What is sleep deprivation when it's at home on your couch, bed, patio! 1 or 2 am in the morning

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oh, yeh, you are damn right! What is sleep deprivation when it's at home on your couch, bed, patio! 1 or 2 am in the morning

Sleepaholic definitely

poker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We went on a trip to England with the iPad 2 and a Windows Laptop. I only turned on the laptop to recharge various USB devices. I wish I didn't spend so much on the laptop.

The iPad 2 was essential in getting through our vacation :D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad is essential. Good sentence! Ipaholic is absolutely unbreakable unless Jobs creates something even better, though I can't imagine what!

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love mine too. I couldn't imagine my life without my iPad 2. I use it for work and play.. so all the time!

Hup55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always had to borrow my sons laptop, then thought I would purchase a laptop for my wife and I. I then thought about the iPad 2 and ordered it just over 3 weeks ago and it arrived last Friday and I can't put it down. I also bought a playbook which my wife loves due to the size. Now we are both happy we didnt purchase laptops.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hup55 said:
I always had to borrow my sons laptop, then thought I would purchase a laptop for my wife and I. I then thought about the iPad 2 and ordered it just over 3 weeks ago and it arrived last Friday and I can't put it down. I also bought a playbook which my wife loves due to the size. Now we are both happy we didnt purchase laptops.

Laptop is old hat in our house, it only comes out to update the apple devices!

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enjoying my iPad 2 also. I have the Zaggmate keyboard/case, too. Really like that combination. I got rid of PC's about three years ago (tired of crashes, freezes and viruses) and got my first Mac - the white Macbook. Then moved to the MacBook Pro and an iMac. Really like this iPad 2 because of the size and weight (or should I say lack of weight!). Put it face down in my Zaggmate case/keyboard, slide into a neoprene sleeve, put in my bag and off I go. Like the long battery life, too. Great IOS device. :)

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who don't know the web browser Puffin gives you a complete desktop experience with flash and now with the update full video viewing and tabs.

That's not true, the sites I go to with flash content are still completely worthless on the iPad even using puffin.

Yea, it will play the videos (sort of) but it is a slideshow with no sound.......

Most reactions

Latest posts