What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did I ever live without my iPad2???

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's only been 3 weeks since I purchased my iPad2 32g and I dont know how I ever got along with out it? My Dell laptop has been down for 2 weeks and Dell is replacing it. I don't even miss it and that was my convenient device I used when I wasn't at my desktop. Honestly, the iPad has become my right hand tool for everything now. Web, voice memos, notes, entertainment, etc on a daily basis. I feel like before I had my iPad, I was rubbing two sticks together like a caveman. Mongo like iPad....:D.

FYI...My recommendation for a few "must own apps" Goodreader, PS Express, Netflix, Google earth, Clock pro HD, iMovie, Pandora, Crackle, Weatherbug. These are some apps that will give you a pretty productive and well rounded iPad2.

Last edited:

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me too!! Got mine early April and my laptop is rarely used anymore! This is SO much faster! I was so tired of sitting there waiting for that laptop to come up all the time!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more - instant-on, instant-off, ten hour battery life - no more searching for the seat in Starbucks near the power outlet!!

Must have app? TuneIn for Internet radio - totally awesome app.....

Tim

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed. Since I got the Zaggmate to go with my iPad2 I haven't turned my computer on outside of work hours. I used to spend four or five hours of my own time on it each day but the iPad has completely replaced it for the needs I've had so far. The one app that I will need to find at some point is a word processor but that will have to wait until one comes along that supports change tracking. Until then, when I need to edit something I'll have to fire up the laptop (yuck!)

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most used app for me - MobileRSS HD. All my news reading in one place. Great app.

jeans94621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the ipad one in February. I know I could have waited but I am perfectly happy with the one. I had convinced myself that if I had an iphone I didn't need an iPad. But I needed to go to the apple store and while waiting for my appointment I play around with an iPad and was blown away with it. RIght after buying the iPad my desktop went down and the only computer I had was my netbook. I have not been in any hurry to replace my desktop and only use my netbook when I need to do something with the iPad. If I didn't need iTunes my iPad would be the only thing I use. For those who don't know the web browser Puffin gives you a complete desktop experience with flash and now with the update full video viewing and tabs.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I started with iPhone then got the iPad to get a bigger screen, and now I'd be lost without my iPad, I agree with all comments above! I only use iPhone for camera, email, books if iPad is synching updates, phone of course and that's it. Love, love my iPad!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still feel that way and I've had mine since day 1 over a year ago.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had mine since the first of September last year. Still amazed at it and look forward to using it every day.

There must be "something" there - 'cause normally, I move on to the next newest electronic thingy. But, I'm at 9 months and still going strong - with daily use.

Love this "toy"!

Marilyn

raccer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel the same way. Have my iPad 2 for almost since April and use it daly. Computer didn't turn on since I have the iPad. Look foward to buy my fisrt Apple computer (iMac) before the summer...

Love Zite app for news.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It really is changing the way we use computers.
Now it travels everywhere I go, rather than me having to go to it.
And with vpn everything on my other machines is immediately accessable.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's only been 3 weeks since I purchased my iPad2 32g and I dont know how I ever got along with out it? My Dell laptop has been down for 2 weeks and Dell is replacing it. I don't even miss it and that was my convenient device I used when I wasn't at my desktop. Honestly, the iPad has become my right hand tool for everything now. Web, voice memos, notes, entertainment, etc on a daily basis. I feel like before I had my iPad, I was rubbing two sticks together like a caveman. Mongo like iPad....:D.

FYI...My recommendation for a few "must own apps" Goodreader, PS Express, Netflix, Google earth, Clock pro HD, iMovie, Pandora, Crackle, Weatherbug. These are some apps that will give you a pretty productive and well rounded iPad2.

Good post, but one caution ... those with data caps from carriers will find Netflix and Crackle data streaming costing them a fortune. Wi-Fi unlimited is fine. FWIW.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel the same way. Have my iPad 2 for almost since April and use it daly. Computer didn't turn on since I have the iPad. Look foward to buy my fisrt Apple computer (iMac) before the summer...

Love Zite app for news.

Zite is flat out awesome. For me it is the #1 news gathering app available. I also have Flipboard ... but I much prefer Zite. It is like having your own daily magazine or newspaper ... with the last info avail. It gets smarter based on what you select and read about the most.

We check out the iPad2 w/Zite before turning on the TV for the latest news.;)

Most reactions

Latest posts