What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how can I watch

PokerMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Matth3w .... first of all - you are rude, PERIOD!!
The second - my iPad is a B-day gift, I love it and this forum is a great place to learn more about it.

I agree, Matth3w is rude and arrogant. Not sure why he answers every post here and has to make comments on people's lack of knowledge or rsearch. The worst part is he doesn't aknowledge he does it....

I just got on this forum less then a week and thinking this is not a great place with that attitude.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're just mad because you screwed up something with your jailbroken iPad because you didn't take the time to try to set it up with no credit card and you downloaded a cracked app that was free to begin with.

srd6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CNBC video clips on iPad

Interesting discussion but back to the original issue: I have an iPhone 3GS and an iPad 64GB WiFi+3G.

The video clips on CNBC's website (under "VIDEO" on their standard CNBC dot com site) are what I want to watch on the iPad, just like the original poster.

If I go to this link on my iPhone's browser, I can see the video clip thumbnails, and if I tap on one, QuickTime launches and the video plays.

On the iPad, I cannot even see the thumbnails, let alone tap on one and it launch and play. The screen where the thumbnails should be is just white, not even an "X" style box in place of the thumbnails.

Certainly this can't be a Flash issue if the iPhone 3GS does this properly (if you have both devices, give it a try, just to be sure I am not wrong).

Any thoughts on why it works on an iPhone but not an iPad, if they have the same Flash-averse technology?

Thanks.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting discussion but back to the original issue: I have an iPhone 3GS and an iPad 64GB WiFi+3G.

The video clips on CNBC's website (under "VIDEO" on their standard CNBC dot com site) are what I want to watch on the iPad, just like the original poster.

If I go to this link on my iPhone's browser, I can see the video clip thumbnails, and if I tap on one, QuickTime launches and the video plays.

On the iPad, I cannot even see the thumbnails, let alone tap on one and it launch and play. The screen where the thumbnails should be is just white, not even an "X" style box in place of the thumbnails.

Certainly this can't be a Flash issue if the iPhone 3GS does this properly (if you have both devices, give it a try, just to be sure I am not wrong).

Any thoughts on why it works on an iPhone but not an iPad, if they have the same Flash-averse technology?

Thanks.

Might be the default user-agent the iPad browser is advertising. iPhone has been around for a while and many sites are designed to look for the *iphone* user-agent to redirect it to a specifically designed Mobile site. It might not know what the iPad is yet, and just tries to render it as a standard computer browser, expecting it to be able to render everything as normal.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

As y2kgtp said, it's detecting your browser. Ironically, most sites see the iPad as an iPhone because of Safari Mobile; you seem to have hit upon a site that sees it as full Safari. If you get another browser, like Atomic, you can set it to identify itself as Safari Mobile, which will get you the same version as your iPhone.

OP
Z

ziggytex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As y2kgtp said, it's detecting your browser. Ironically, most sites see the iPad as an iPhone because of Safari Mobile; you seem to have hit upon a site that sees it as full Safari. If you get another browser, like Atomic, you can set it to identify itself as Safari Mobile, which will get you the same version as your iPhone.

Thank you all !

I try Atomic browser with all settings and still can't see any videos.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you all !

Just curious...do you have a specific link you can share, or is it just CNBC's page?

OP
Z

ziggytex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you all !

Just curious...do you have a specific link you can share, or is it just CNBC's page?

Sorry I was away for few days.
links:
News Headlines Bloomberg Television: Live TV - Bloomberg

Thanx!

Most reactions

Latest posts