What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I download a HD movie from itunes using just cellular?

usarmycaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now we're camping in the woods. There are no wifi hotspots for miles around here, but the 4G cellular signal is good. We've been able to watch Netflix without problems. I have at&t but I don't mind if I go over my 5GB limit this month because I'm getting a fairly large tax return. Anyways when I click to download the movie it says I need wifi or connect to iTunes on my computer. Is there anything I can do so I can use my cellular? Thank you

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have iPad and iPhone you can tether them using wifi personal hotspot. Then you should be able to use the 3/4G signal from the other device. I've used this method to get FaceTime over 3G when it should be a wifi only service.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My biggest HD movie is over 7.5GB, so be prepared to exceed your monthly data allowance before the movie finishes downloading.

OP
U

usarmycaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
If you have iPad and iPhone you can tether them using wifi personal hotspot. Then you should be able to use the 3/4G signal from the other device. I've used this method to get FaceTime over 3G when it should be a wifi only service.

Thank you this worked!! you're the best!

OP
U

usarmycaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
My biggest HD movie is over 7.5GB, so be prepared to exceed your monthly data allowance before the movie finishes downloading.

so, I don't know how does this help me. I'm prepared financially for this

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
usarmycaptain said:
so, I don't know how does this help me. I'm prepared financially for this

Some cellular carriers will throttle your cellular data if you exceed your monthly limit. This can cause a serious slowdown in download speeds. This is what I was thinking about when I made my previous post,

OP
U

usarmycaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Some cellular carriers will throttle your cellular data if you exceed your monthly limit. This can cause a serious slowdown in download speeds. This is what I was thinking about when I made my previous post,

oh okay, so sorry, I apologize for my rude reply. thank you for your answer

OP
U

usarmycaptain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
c ellmate said:
The "Woods" charges nothing for providing the experience of no noise or digital media for the time you are there. you should try it out, one of the best movies around and its free. ;>)

what movies in the woods? there's not a single theater around here for miles

Most reactions

Latest posts