What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can i copy all contacts from my ipad to my gmail

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just did this a bit ago, using these instructions (which worked great for me, BTW):

You can use iTunes to upload existing Contacts from your Apple device to Gmail. Only the following information can be uploaded:

* People's names and job titles
* Company names
* Email and postal addresses
* Phone numbers
* IM names, including the type of service
* Notes

Other information, like custom ringtones and photos, are not uploaded. Please sync them to Outlook first.

Upload Instructions

1. Connect your iPad to your computer using the USB cable.
2. Open the iTunes application.
3. Select your iPad and click the Info tab.
4. Check the Sync Contacts with option and select Google Contacts from the drop-down menu.
5. Click Configure and enter your Google username and password.
6. Press Apply to sync your device with iTunes.
7. Once you've checked that your contacts are available on the web, disable iTunes Contacts sync with Google. If you don't do this, you'll see duplicate contacts on your iPad

Hope this helps you too. Good luck.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or you can set up your GMail account on the iPad as an Exchange account (turn off or delete the standard account first).

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Also, when it asks you if you want to Keep, Merge, or Delete your present contacts choose Merge. Delete will replace your iPad contacts with whatever is on Google. Keep (if offered will keep the current contacts separate from the Google contacts (you end up with two contact databases).

Merge may cause duplicate addressees, but Google has tools to clean that up.

Not all contact information will be duplicated to Google. All contacts will end up in My Contacts on Google. Folders and Groups are not supported.

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mickey , thank for your detail step, I try and it work.I should have see this post early .

Paul

Most reactions

Latest posts