What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get ONLY my Gmail Contacts sync'd to iPad2?

K

kenkris

As a newcomer, I've tried to follow many of the IPF suggestions. One of which was syncing my Gmail account with the iPad2 thru iTunes. I abviously didn't select merge as I ended up with many duplicate Contacts. I'm wondering if the Contacts sync'd are from my MAC Contacts or from the Gmail Contacts? Any help greatly appreciated.

Ken

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kenkris,
HI there! Can you go onto your settings on your ipad to mail/accounts and check to see if your contacts are on or off. You may be able to verify which email contacts are toggled on to sync. You can easily turn one of the account contact lists off to reduce duplication of names. Hope that helps!:)

glk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download app called Contacts sync for google. it will move all your gmail contacts to iPad and replace the ones in your contacts on iPad. Works great.

OP
K

kenkris

This App nowhere to be found! Please advise.

OP
K

kenkris

Will this App completely replace my existing Contacts on the iPad or MERGE the Gmail Contacts into the existing Contacts? Please advise.

BTW - thanks for the App location!!! Ken

glk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This app will completely replace your contact on iPad with gmail contact so this may or may not be what you want. It works great for me because my gmail contacts are the only Place where I add delete or modify my contacts and every device I use gets updated from my gmail contacts.

Forhad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firstly enable IMAP to Gmail and export the contact list. Then setup your Gmail accounts through outlook and now import your Gmail contacts list to outlook. Now in iTunes go to the info tab and select outlook as your contact source. Now you have synchronized your Gmail with your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts