What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

syncing contacts from my PC to iPad

helga55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reposting as no one replied - but i have made it more clear now:)
I imported the Contacts from my Gmail (on my laptop) AFTER which I saw that my gmail contacts were such a mess so i spent a few hours cleaning the gmail contacts (on my laptop) but now when i try to sync my iPad so i can get the new version of my Gmail contacts onto my IPad it gives me a warning that some of my contacts of THIS COMPUTER will change - THI COMPUTER means my laptop? why should it do that?
could anyone help me?
Thanks!

Firewall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean you edited the contacts using your laptop, through a web browser at gmail.com right? And I'm guessing you have iTunes set to pull contacts from Gmail whem syncing to your iPad?

If so then I seem to recall having this same prompt and though it didn't make sense to me either it went as I expected after I clicked OK. I would backup your contacts first just incase.

Though personally, I'd just remove the computer from the loop. That is, just have the ipad sync directly with gmail. Google's documentation has instructions on syncing with an apple device, I can't post a link because I'm new

robbyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do you remove 'my computer' from the contacts that the iPad syncs to? I too have cleaned my google contacts, but my contacts on the iPad includes those "From My PC"... not sure where they're coming from as I don't use Outlook, etc... If I manually delete them on my iPad, they return when I sync. :confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts