What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I change a mht file to a pdf file so i can read it on my ipad?

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've put a few mht files into my Dropbox but they don't open up on iPad.
I also bought Docs to go, but not sure how to use it yet.

Thanks

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a website or help section that explains HOW to change files?
I knew I had to get an app to change my files and thought I had got the correct ones when I bought the Docs to Go and Dropbox apps.

However, when I go to open an .mht or .eml file in Dropbox I get the message " unable to view file "
I then go to the top right hand corner and click on the box with arrow icon. only to be told "NO installed apps support opening this file"

If the Docs To Go app doesn't open up the files, which app should I buy to do so?
I have a PC and iPad 2 and would very much like to transfer some files from the PC documents to my new ipad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can not find any apps in the store that will open .mht files. Doesn't mean there are none, just that my quick search didn't turn up any.

There appear to be a couple that will open .eml files. Just go to the App Store and search for .eml. I can't offer any advice on how well they will work.

Once you have an app that will open the file type, you find that the arrow you tried in DropBox will (should) list the compatible app, and allow you to open it there.

Your other option is to convert the files before you try importing them into the iPad.

If you are using Windows I believe there are several free or cheap programs that will convert anything you can print to a PDF. I don't much care for cutePDF myself, but it is the only one I can remember and it does work, if not always the way you expect.

In OS X, this is built in.

There are a multitude of apps for the iPad that will read PDF files. iBooks is free, and makes a good pdf reader. GoodReader is a decent reader, does much much more, and can be set up to upload/download directly from DropBox.

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Twerppoet for trying to help me out here. It is appreciated.

This issue has really got to me and I stayed up all night trying to figure out how I can change my files to pdf. I think it would be best to actually change the files to pdf on my PC and then once changed sync them to the iPad. Problem is, I can't figure out how to do that.

I have taken your suggestion and bought the app for viewing elm files. Now have the "Klammer" app. which has been added to the following Good Reader, iBooks, Dropbox and Docs to Go.

BTW ... I can now view the .eml files on the ipad if I go up to the corner and select Klammer.

I also on You Tube searching for a video to show me how to change files from .eml or .mht extensions.
On the top of my TO DO list for today is to try and get to the bottom of this as it is driving me nuts.

I love using the iPad but it has been a HUGE learning curve for me to set it up. There are so many things I still want / need to do in order to make it truly personalized.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the program on the computer that you are using to view the files can print, then you can get something like CutePDF and install it on the computer. It will allow you convert anything you can print to a PDF by installing a PDF printer option. There are other programs like this, but I don't remember the names. Some probably work better than CutePDF.

SarelSnyman1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did uou figure out how to opn mht files on iPad 2. If so, pls help!

Have you managed to figure out hoe one open a mht extention on Ipad? If so, pls help!

Last edited by a moderator:

lmna360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mht viewer

I am using .MHT viewer to view mht files and convert them into different fomat like PDF file.

Check .MHTViewer from Encryptomatic LLC

Hope this helps.

lmna360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've put a few mht files into my Dropbox but they don't open up on iPad.
I also bought Docs to go, but not sure how to use it yet.

Thanks

I am using .MHT viewer to view mht files and convert them into different fomat like PDF file.

Check .MHTViewer from Encryptomatic LLC

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts