What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I add Google into the empty space

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the drop down box in the upper rt. Corner. Sorry can't post photo. But it is the box with the up arrow in it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where exactly? Which app, or is it Settings?

Safari? Add it as bookmark, using the Share button, the one with the arrow upwards.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you are talking about the share/action icon; where it shows you AirDrop, a row of color icons, and another row of monochrome icons below that.

In order to add new share extensions (the colored ones) or action extensions (the monochrome ones) you scroll all the way to the right then tap the three dots icon. You can select and rearrange extensions there.

Extensions are installed by apps, meaning they don't just show up out of nowhere. For instance you must have Evernote installed before you will see the Evernote extension in the share actions.

To the best of my knowledge there are no Google actions, at least not yet. I've got most of the common Google apps installed, including Google Search, Google Drive, and Google+ (which I would expect to be the first).

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is where I would like to add Google.
Where exactly? Which app, or is it Settings?

Safari? Add it as bookmark, using the Share button, the one with the arrow upwards.
well that didn't work.

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like you are talking about the share/action icon; where it shows you AirDrop, a row of color icons, and another row of monochrome icons below that.

In order to add new share extensions (the colored ones) or action extensions (the monochrome ones) you scroll all the way to the right then tap the three dots icon. You can select and rearrange extensions there.

Extensions are installed by apps, meaning they don't just show up out of nowhere. For instance you must have Evernote installed before you will see the Evernote extension in the share actions.

To the best of my knowledge there are no Google actions, at least not yet. I've got most of the common Google apps installed, including Google Search, Google Drive, and Google+ (which I would expect to be the first).
Google is not there. I took a screenshot but it won't upload.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Enter the website address and let Safari open the site. Then tap the "Share" button:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411401712.938369.jpg

Now select "Add Bookmark"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411401739.472991.jpg

Choose the location - the folder where Google should appear - by tapping here:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411401798.310700.jpg

You'll get a dropdown menu where to choose from. Select a location and then save the site.

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry but this is not working for me. With this page open if i press the box with arrow and press add bookmarks to get to Google it just adds this page to bookmarks. If I tap locations it prompts me to add this site to any location. I saved Google to favorits but it is not there.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to open Google first. Then tap the Share button.

If Google is one of your Favorites, then write "google" into the search field/address bar.
e2yjedy3.jpg

Safari should be able to find it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Google is not there. I took a screenshot but it won't upload.
You can't upload photos using Safari since the update to iOS 8. If you want to post a screenshot, you have to use Tapatalk, the app, or Puffin, a different browser.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Safari and make sure that Favorites is set to the folder Favorites.

That's if you're trying to add a book mark to your Favorites screen; the one that shows in Safari when all tabs are closed, or when you choose + to create a new tab.

If you're talking about the Extensions I described, that is different. I don't think Google has created any yet.

Most reactions