What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there Iphoto Trash on Ipad2 I can empty

ChrisVI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to free up space and deleting lots of unnecessary photos on my ipad2. On my MAC, there is Trash I can empty but don't see any way to remove deleted photos from Ipad2? Is there somewhere to do that - or is it unnecessary?

Thanks for any help!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the Photos app, you'll find "Recently Deleted" when your software is up to date (iOS 8x). The photos there don't show up as an extra entry in your storage space. They can be recovered as long as you don't remove them from there, so make sure you delete these to when you don't need them any more.
There's no trash on the iPad. When you've deleted the photos from that folder as well, they're gone and also can't be recovered.

If your running an earlier software, your photos will be gone as soon as you remove them from the Photos app. There's no Recently Deleted folder in the app.

Last edited:
OP
C

ChrisVI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Photos app, you'll find "Recently Deleted" when your software is up to date (iOS 8x). The photos there don't show up as an extra entry in your storage space. They can be recovered as long as you don't remove them from there, so make sure you delete these to when you don't need them any more.
There's no trash on the iPad. When you've deleted the photos from that folder as well, they're gone and also can't be recovered.

If your running an earlier software, your photos will be gone as soon as you remove them from the Photos app. There's no Recently Deleted folder in the app.

THANKS! I really appreciate the information!

Most reactions

Latest posts