What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo app not working with mail

jljonathan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Ipad camera to take a shot and it show up in the photo app. When I select it, I tap the arrow box upper right and get a menu to select from including mail, copy, photostream etc. I choose mail and fill out the message with valid email address, mine and my wifes. Tap send. No email delivery to either email boxes. Any ideas? Also, if I use the copy in the menu, where is the photo copied to, and can I paste into an email I make to send in my regular mail app. I just want to snap a shot and email it. How? My mail account works fine sending and receiving.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

In the Mail app, tap the icon to write a new email. Write recipient and subject.
In the field where you enter the text, tap and hold, and this will appear:

image-1317232072.jpg

This is what you choose. You'll get a small field with your photo albums. Choose one album, tap the picture you want to send.

image-552330228.jpg

And tap "Use". The picture will appear in the email:

image-2367079877.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you choose "Copy" in the menu, the picture is saved to the clipboard, which means, as long as you don't copy something else, this information is available and can be pasted wherever you want. When you copy something else afterwards, the picture in clipboard is "overwritten" and gets replaced by the new information.

When you tap "Copy", you're also able to paste the picture to an email: tap and hold until the options (my first picture) occur, then choose "Paste".

It should also be possible to send an email with a photo through the Photo app.
Choose a picture, tap this:

image-3145342187.jpg

To get these options:

image-464539827.jpg

Here, tap "Mail"

image-3946406098.jpg

This should appear. You don't have to write a sender. The app chooses your default account, afaik. Enter the recipient, subject and text if you like, and send the email.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts