What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2 get rid of "waiting" icon

big_daddy_mpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a "glitch" happen while downloading from app store, which has left a "white" WAITING icon on my desktop. How do I get rid of this?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
press the power and home button at the same time until you see the apple logo. then release , let it restart.

Allanbaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the same problem. Will carrying out the reset as described above affect anything else? All my other Apps etc are working fine and I don't wait to upset other things.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Allanbaker,

No it shouldn't affect anything else. NOTE, i have heard that sometimes the offending app may be deleted. That would be a good thing as it would allow you too reinstall it. I have not seen this behavior my self.

Nessaj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are downloading via Wi-Fi, sometimes you might see the black cross by holding the app icon after you turn off the Wi-Fi connection. Of course a hard reset always does the job.

Reaction score
press the power and home button at the same time until you see the apple logo. then release , let it restart.

This didn't help. In the end I went to the App Store and went to the updates section. There was an icon for the waiting app which said there was an update... I clicked to download the update. Immediately the waiting app disappeared. ALL FIXED.
The other thing I was going to try if it wasn't in the updates section was to re-download it and see what happens if I tried to do that.

Most reactions

Latest posts