What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App download waiting

Jezinio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi how can I get rid of a blank app icon on my pad captioned 'waiting'. this happened during a download but won't complete - I can't even remember what the app was

thanks

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, I had this happen to me last night, but I remembered what the app was and redownloaded it...not sure how to do it if you don't remember the app.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will the app be registered in iTunes anywhere I wonder? At the least in a day or so you should get the purchase Email from Apple regardless if it was free or not.

frmetamatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easy solution

You simply turn off your iPad and then turn it on again. The "waiting" blank icon will be gone.

KJTVH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You simply turn off your iPad and then turn it on again. The "waiting" blank icon will be gone.

I got this 'waiting' blank icon stuck on my iPad, too, but it won't go away. I was able to download the app that originally stuck while downloading, but that did not make it go away. I have turned my iPad off several times, including having it off overnight, but it still did not go away. I have synced, but it did not go away. I did not try turning the synced option off in iTunes which gives the message that synced apps and their data will disappear if I uncheck it -- I don't want to lose my notes, contacts, calendar, and info in apps like Task Pro and DocsAnywhere. Is there a way to protect data and still get rid of this waiting icon?

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Turning it off does not me just hit the lock button. it means hold down the lock and home buttons until a slider comes up and asks you to turn it off by sliding the slider. This is also know as the reset.

Most reactions

Latest posts