What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Application won't delete--says "Waiting"

kdp8106

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend of mine and I were downloading the new Netflix app onto his iPad, but I think he accidentally tried to download the IPHONE version. Anyway, we have an icon on the screen that says "WAITING," but it doesn't do anything. It just hangs around there and we can't delete it or stop it. How can we get rid of it?
Thanks!
kdp8106

Mslinda70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I got it hold down the power button and home button at the same time, until the apple logo appears then release and turn iPad back on, it worked for me :):D

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Press on the app until is says "Paused"
Then, click it again. It will download. Just wait, then delete it.

Or just restart the iPad.

Oldgramps56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen. I went into the Apps section in Itunes and unchecked the last app that I had added. After applying this action, the Waiting icon went away. I then rechecked the app to add it back to the Ipad.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple suggests you download the app on your pc then sync....worked for me. Doesn't really help tho if you forget what app you where trying to D/L....

Pelayre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i have a diffrent situation. I have an ipad. I downloaded 4 apps. but they are still waiting and grey. And i cant delete them.

Most reactions

Latest posts