What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2 delete photo from ipad2 also how to check the usage of photo app

yog_pals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How 2 delete photo from ipad2 which r imported thru camera kit, when i tryed to delete, option comes as "delete everwhere", want to keep only one copy in the ipad2

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum,

I'm guessing you have made albums from the photos that you imported through the CCK. The photos in the albums are not actual duplicates they are more or less a shortcut to your original photo. This is just how the photo app is. Do a search and you will find out more info on this and the alternative ways for storing your photos.

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.
We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

OP
Y

yog_pals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for the info leelai, want to know what is the memory usage for my photos, is it anyway I can check that

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yog_pals said:
Thx for the info leelai, want to know what is the memory usage for my photos, is it anyway I can check that

In general settings the about button will tell you everything.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

If you have upgraded to iOS5, then plenty of information can be found in 'Settings' - select 'General' and then look at the top 3 choices; 'About' will list the number of photos on your iPad and the GB capacity used/available and 'Usage' will show the installed apps (expand by selecting 'Show all Apps') and their memory usage, which will include the program and the data - hope this helps and good luck!

OP
Y

yog_pals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but I want to know the what is the memory usage of the photo app

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yog_pals said:
Thanks for the info, but I want to know the what is the memory usage of the photo app

Go into Settings - General - usage - Manage Storage - IPad - and then in your backup options it will list the camera roll and how much it is in mb or gb depending on the size.

onemoreshot52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having the same problem and not seeing any answers here. I want to delete an album that is a duplicate but what I get is delete from every where, that's not what I want to do. Can anyone give me a real answer?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
onemoreshot52 said:
Having the same problem and not seeing any answers here. I want to delete an album that is a duplicate but what I get is delete from every where, that's not what I want to do. Can anyone give me a real answer?

When creating an album, the photos that are selected are actually shortcuts to the original photos. It is possible to delete albums without deleting photos in the camera roll. Are you in the album section? You can just press edit top right and your albums will then show an X on them to delete the album. Or are you trying to delete photos from the camera roll as yes this will delete them everywhere. This is just how the photo app operates, a nuisance I know. You could always use a different app for this.

Most reactions

Latest posts