What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

!!! HOT !!! IPAD will have the web cam

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday, Apple release for a short time the SDK 3.2, some people be fast enough for download it (apple take it back really fast) . So the lucky one investigate what's new in this version and they found lot of code relative to the web cam , seem's everything is ready for the online video conference include the button accept and reject based on the large button it's clear it's made for the Ipad :)) that an excellent news i am sure all of us will like to know

Source 1

Source 2

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, should be added on a later version or perhaps as an added benefit on the shipping versions.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree, should be added on a later version or perhaps as an added benefit on the shipping versions.

Theres a devise that you can add to it, but as said it will come out later in the future. ( said that same about flying cars...)lol.

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What do you think the possibility that the camera will be in the Generation 1 iPad?
I am asking as I wonder where the price will go if we add a web cam, and go up to 128gB and add this and that to the basic model.
I wonder if we will always have a $499 entry level iPad? I guess it really depends on how many units they sell in the first month whether we might seee a price decrease in the future.

Dwight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to think that Finnedog's prediction would be the ultimate satisfaction for us ipad dreamers. I would love to see the iPad with a video camera, 128 GB of memory and the ability to download digital photos directly from DSLRs. Would it be too much to ask if Apple would come out of the box with video cameras on all the lower end models next month. Not having a video camera is the only thing stopping me from purchasing a first-generation model.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully the Apple iPad Engineers are reading this forum :)

NeilShapiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.joyofipad.com
Mmmmmmmmmm..... This video cam would be some sort of separate add-on, right? I can't see a future iPad with one built-in as the size of the iPad is far beyond comfortable for holding as a camera!

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think the camera would be outward facing, like the iPhone. Instead it would likely be inward facing for video conferancing, mostly in the vertical postion.

It 'could' be in generation 1 if they are having us on over the specs. It would be easy to hide the cam on demo models with case that didn't have the hole. Unlikely but possible.

I also bank on an external attachment for the whole iLine of handhelds. To bring video conferancing to current iPhones and iPods, along with 1st gen iPads.

Those of you with iPhones and Pods. Please hold your device up to your face acroos the eyes in a horizontal position. Note the placement of the outward facing iPhone Camera... now imagine adding an attached cam on the other end pointed outward... Just about the span of your eyes yes :) ? Now think about a video recording program that can take dual video streams... iVision amature 3D video recording here we come. Add Bluetooth Stutter glasses to the iPhone/Pod/Pad drivers and welcome to the next wave of Youtub/AppleTV.

Not the best I'll grant you that but it's better then tapeing two cameras together.

Dwight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm somewhat confused about the last two comments. I'm believe that NeilShapiro's comment is a little misleading for me, because I'm led to believe that he has actually held a ipad. If this is true, please update us on the actual performance of the ipad. :) As for Dorje's comment, it appears to be too much work just to have video conferencing (ez of use). All I'm after, is a portable device that will allow me to download my digital photos directly from my DSLR, a device that will allow me to preview my photos (no editing that's what my laptop is for), a device that will be able to store several digital photos, a device that will allow me to read books, a device that will allow me to play my iTunes library (music and movies) while I'm reading my books and finally a device that is simply cool! :) . Keep in mind, videoconferencing would be a plus. I would think that the iPad would be ideal for videoconferencing whether being handheld or propped up. It only seems logical that Apple would include a web cam given that they have been successful with iChat. The only assumption that I have about Apple not including the WebCam, is with regards to the current Kodak lawsuit.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I was just thinking about non-video conferance uses. If you have something as small as an iPhone and can get a live recoding camera on both ends you can theoretcally record in stereo, which is needed for 3D. Just pointing out that with the current iPhone at least an add-on cam would create a spacing just a little wider the normal human eye placement.

As to conferancing, that's simple. Just snap on whatever exteranal cam they create, launch the App, and hopefully let the iPhoneOS handle the rest.

On the 3D side shouldn't the iPad have a fast enough refresh/redisplay rate to allow for stutter glasses. LED can't do polarized, but with Bluetooth stutter glasses should be just fine. (one eye opaques, then the other, at rate and in time to frames, to trick your brain into seeing stereo.)

Last edited:

jezzicaz789

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think the camera would be outward facing, like the iPhone. Instead it would likely be inward facing for video conferancing, mostly in the vertical postion.

It 'could' be in generation 1 if they are having us on over the specs. It would be easy to hide the cam on demo models with case that didn't have the hole. Unlikely but possible.

I also bank on an external attachment for the whole iLine of handhelds. To bring video conferancing to current iPhones and iPods, along with 1st gen iPads.

Those of you with iPhones and Pods. Please hold your device up to your face acroos the eyes in a horizontal position. Note the placement of the outward facing iPhone Camera... now imagine adding an attached cam on the other end pointed outward... Just about the span of your eyes yes :) ? Now think about a video recording program that can take dual video streams... iVision amature 3D video recording here we come. Add Bluetooth Stutter glasses to the iPhone/Pod/Pad drivers and welcome to the next wave of Youtub/AppleTV.

Not the best I'll grant you that but it's better then tapeing two cameras together.
I also think so.

OP
I

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi jessicaz , do you're website will work on IPAD ?

Most reactions

Latest posts