What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooking ipad to projector/tv

oefootball_70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a mini, but the mini accessories section is a little dead.

Since we both have the lightning (7 pin) connectors I am looking for opinions.

What have you tried, and what has worked best? The thing that comes to mind is a lightning to HDMI from apple, but I have heard they produce poor quality.

Has anyone used anything different or is that our only option??

Thanks!!

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
If you have the extra chedda, get an Apple TV. Airplay mirroring is awesome and no wires needed.

Hardwiring your iPad to a TV is 1999. Time to upgrade your status. Embrace the 21st century.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have the extra chedda, get an Apple TV. Airplay mirroring is awesome and no wires needed.

Hardwiring your iPad to a TV is 1999. Time to upgrade your status. Embrace the 21st century.

I do like my Apple TV 3 as well, however, it doesn't mean that one has NOT embraced the 21st century if they are forced to used direct wire connect. There are some institutes/places of work that still do not have wifi available, so using the Apple TV would not be idea. However, if this is for personal use...or in a place where you know there is available wifi--then the ATV would be my first choice.

OP
oefootball_70

oefootball_70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well my Apple TV 3 is pretty sweet. Wish I had a ATV 2 so I could jailbreak it and have more freedom. So hopefully a JB for it comes out sometime soon.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well my Apple TV 3 is pretty sweet. Wish I had a ATV 2 so I could jailbreak it and have more freedom. So hopefully a JB for it comes out sometime soon.

Well aside from the appleTv--did you figure out your question you had earlier to connect to your projector?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...

OP
oefootball_70

oefootball_70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, haven't tried using my Apple TV in my classroom yet. It just came in today.

bestpi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do av / projection in a professional setting and I do it for a living. I have used the HDMI / VGA and DVI-I adapters with my IPAD4 with great success. I found no degradation of signal at all. A lot will depend on how the projector interprets the color and the signal. I have used it with stunning results. And the adapters are readily available in all the usual apple places. Just remember to take a co-signor. Apple is as proud of their stuff as ever.

As an after thought. You need to pull the adaptor straight out. Resist the temtation to wiggle it back and forth to get it out. It is a common mistake and it can damage the adaptor as well as the ipad. The signal degridation you read or heard about could be as a result of that.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts