What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad hooked up to my AAXA M2 LED Micro Projector

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made a post a few days ago about borrowing a friends aaxa micro projector and getting some pictures of it in action. So here they are. Overall I was impressed with the picture quality. I suggest dimming the lights, it brings up the overall quality of the image, and with the lights off the image very impressive. ill let the pictures do the talking. Looks like im gonna pick one of these up for myself.

Watching Big Bang Theory from my IPAD to AAXA M2 Had to dim the lights since the projection was so big. (image was almost 70â€)
tvshowwithipad.jpg

Ipad hooked up to AAXA M2 via hdmi
ipadandm2.jpg

42 inch tv for comparison
originaltvpicture.jpg

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a minimum or maximum focus distance for this unit? I'm trying to get the boss to buy a couple of them for small meetings etc.

OP
F

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a minimum or maximum focus distance for this unit? I'm trying to get the boss to buy a couple of them for small meetings etc.

Their website says images up to 100" . I havent had a chance to try to make an image that big but I'm assuming that since this is a micro projector, its only meant to be so far away from the screen. For my 70" projection i was probably 8 ft from the wall.(just an estimation)
AAXA M2 Micro Projector - LCoS Hand-held Mini Projector - XGA LED Pocket Projector
heres a link if you want to check it out.

hope that helps.

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Their website says images up to 100" . I havent had a chance to try to make an image that big but I'm assuming that since this is a micro projector, its only meant to be so far away from the screen. For my 70" projection i was probably 8 ft from the wall.(just an estimation)
AAXA M2 Micro Projector - LCoS Hand-held Mini Projector - XGA LED Pocket Projector
heres a link if you want to check it out.

hope that helps.

It does, thanks. :)

DroidRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should show us how it looks like with the PS3 instead of the maxipad....since I see the PS3 in the pic and all ;)

OP
F

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just found a great app for my iphone and ipad. GOODREADER. lets me read pdf's msword and ppt files. Makes it so much easier to practice presentations for school. Im sure people in the business world would find that helpful.. but im not at that point in my life =P. someday ill be walking around with a micro projector and my iphone doing presentations with bosses and coworkers! till then! TV SHOWS!

bdullea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like by your picture you have an adapter by aaxa and then a cable from the iPad to the projector. Do you buy the adapter and cable from aaxa or can you us an apple av type cable and adapter?

OP
F

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The cable im using is from aaxa, but apple sells the same cable as well. Under the apple store its labeled at apple digital av adapter. then i just used an hdmi cable from the m2 projector to the ipod through the adapter

OP
F

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone have any suggestions for a bargain screen, or a cheap diy screen?

heybutch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found in b&q a massive piece of thin chipboard with one smooth laminated white side. Thing only cost like £7. I painted a boarder on it and screwed it to the wall. Got a 63 inch picture on it.

OP
F

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pretty cheap i might go ahead and try that thx

OP
F

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i couldnt find what you got.. any suggestions where i could get something like that in the US?

heybutch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bummer. Urm, if you could find a piece of chipboard with a smooth surface you could always paint it White with semi-gloss?.

Most reactions

Latest posts