What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home page is landscape and wont go to portrait

bertha0516

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I downloaded the IOS 7 update version 3 my home page is set at landscape. I want to change to portrait but my IPad will not? Help!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Bertha - welcome to the forum! :) I would first suggest that you 'Reset' the iPad (directions below if not familiar w/ the process) - let us know if this corrects the problem. Also, check in Settings > General > Use Side Switch To: - make sure that it is not set to 'Lock Rotation' and check the Side Switch (upper right side above the volume rocker). Good luck - Dave

Reset - press and hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a long time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

josh8888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem yesterday. After watching a youtube video, the home screen didn't go back to portrait mode any more. Tried to lock and unlock rotations, tried to get into an app and hold it in portrait way. Didn't work. Rebooting it did the work. Of course it would do for sure. Just thinking this is a bug easy to discover and fix. But failed to do so before release. Is it a sign that Apple is going downhill.

OP
B

bertha0516

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank u . I turned off and then turned back on and it worked. Thanks everyone!

Most reactions