What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

home movies on th go.

skipsey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi hope someone can help.

basically im going to be doing alot of traveling / working away from home (away from pc that holds all my movies etc.)

im after an app of some sort of device that will allow me to download my home movies when im in a WIFI hotspot.

i was hoping iCloud would do this but from what i can see it only works on music.

Hope my question is clear.

Cheers Karl.

ShadowMist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skipsey said:
Hi hope someone can help.

basically im going to be doing alot of traveling / working away from home (away from pc that holds all my movies etc.)

im after an app of some sort of device that will allow me to download my home movies when im in a WIFI hotspot.

i was hoping iCloud would do this but from what i can see it only works on music.

Hope my question is clear.

Cheers Karl.

Hi Karl, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but worth a look.
Have a look at IDownloads PLUS.
Hope it helps.
Cheers Leanne

OP
S

skipsey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi that's not really what I'm after.

I'm trying to think back to when I first got my iPad. People were talking about some sort of external storage that you could watch movies from? I'm I just dreaming this up or does this acually exist?

Cheers karl

OP
S

skipsey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it airstash??? Is this what im after? It looks good but I'm struggling with all the corporate **** on the website

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the airstash off eBay a couple weeks ago along with a 32gb sd card, they both work great. I paid $129.00 for the Airstash and #21.00 for the card plus the Airstash came with a 8gb card, you can't go wrong with this unit.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skipsey said:
Hi that's not really what I'm after.

I'm trying to think back to when I first got my iPad. People were talking about some sort of external storage that you could watch movies from? I'm I just dreaming this up or does this acually exist?

Cheers karl

There are a number of options......

Airstash, CloudFTP, GoFlex, etc

I have also had some luck with a My Book Live running as my personal cloud (although my initial experiments failed as I encoded my movies at too high a quality for net streaming).

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts