What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home button

Reaction score
Is there any one else, who likes the new home button?

On the iPad 1, the button made a huge crackling noise, as if some plastic is snapping, on the other hand, the iPad 2 home button sound is almost muffled and much less obtrusive.

Definitely a nice surprise.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any one else, who likes the new home button?

On the iPad 1, the button made a huge crackling noise, as if some plastic is snapping, on the other hand, the iPad 2 home button sound is almost muffled and much less obtrusive.

Definitely a nice surprise.
My Ipad 1 is quiet. Got for Xmas so maybe it was an ongoing update or you just got a bad one. Also got wife one and hers is also quiet.
If I hold it next to my ear it does make a slight click.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Edit: Never mind. I just realized you are probably talking about the actual clicking sound the button makes, not the system sound. Strange, I'm so used to buttons that I almost never notice that they do make sounds themselves, separate from the special effects in the software..

It's probably the volume setting under Settings >> General >> Sounds. Try turnning it down on your iPad 1. Or the iPad 2 speaker might just handle the sound better at full volume. There should be no difference in the actual sound file used.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts